Mail On Line Report On Tt

John

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Unsurprisingly you can’t read any of that into the situation. Unless you’re a myopic, right wing and irrationally Isle of Man hating long term resident of Norfolk.

Nothing is being swept under any carpet. What has this to do with any establishment here. It’s a claim by an injured couple. It’s being dealt with by insurers, not IoMG, not even IoMG insurers. They’ve admitted liability. Presumably other people making a claim have been paid out. Many other people other than this couple were injured.

Yes, it looks like a long delay; but

1. it took the couple 3 years to Issue the claim.

2. Claimant and Defendant then agreed a stay. A standstill to allow medical evidence and accountancy evidence to be obtained, exchanged and evaluated.

3. there hasn’t been agreement. The court has now removed the stay. The claimants could behave ended the stay on notice.

So, no deliberate delay.

Issues of causation are in play. I’m not involved, but from experience it’s likely to be 

4. how much of the medical expenses claimed, which will be private and will most likely be being claimed back by the claimants insurers, relate directly to the accident.

5. the extent of the PTSD claim. They are notoriously difficult to establish, what due to claim, what due to other factors.

Theres a judgment about to go live on IoM Judgments on line. came to court because the insurers applied to court to dismiss because the claimants hadn’t progressed the case for 4 years. I’ve read the judgment, but it hasn’t gone up on line yet.

Interesting last paragraph.  I wonder what the reaction to the way this claim has been --- dealt with --- when it receives much greater publication in the MSM that is hardly sympathetic to the island and what is taking place as it is especially where its support to online gambling is concerned.  With a little help and a word In the right ears this could run and run for some time!

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Rog said:

Well well well.  I just read this.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=55894&headline=TT crash victims claim damages&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2020 

Absolutely amazing.

It's on a par with the shameful way that the attempt to sweep the Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander scandal under a very lumpy carpet and eventually because of which  a self help group had to be created in order to get some sort of justice - eventually.

It's as if rather than providing justice the Manx establishment are intent on obstructing the conclusion of what I believe is a VERY small claim for a very major incident.  IMO rather than £200000 which is far too low a sum, it should be at least a hundred times more because it should include punitive damages against the ACU or better yet the Manx government.

Deliberate delay which is precisely what is taking place is disgusting - but it has precedence which makes it even worse.

Lot of horse shit there Rog. Well done.

KSF wasn't swpet under any carpet.  Everyone got their money back.  It takes time to unwind multi billion pound balance sheets.  

36 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Lot of horse shit there Rog. Well done.

KSF wasn't swpet under any carpet.  Everyone got their money back.  It takes time to unwind multi billion pound balance sheets.  

And of course in the case of KSF a action group that still had a hell of a time to get their money back which otherwise would probably never have happened.

16 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Except it would have happened.

And the band played believe it if you like.

It shouldn't have needed to be delayed.  The government should have paid up and reclaimed from the Bent Bank that your FSA had underwritten.

37 minutes ago, Rog said:

And of course in the case of KSF a action group that still had a hell of a time to get their money back which otherwise would probably never have happened.

I'd have thought KKK was more up your street.

10 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

No they shouldn't have paid up.

The FSA doesn't underwrite anything.  Dear me........

They were operating in a manner somewhat different than would be reasonably expected.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

i see a third spectator is suing the ACU for the injuries caused in that 2013 accident at Bray Hill.  Seven years on and still not resolved.

where there's  blame there's a claim , now others have successfully done the work everybody within shouting distance will be claiming for something

4 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

i see a third spectator is suing the ACU for the injuries caused in that 2013 accident at Bray Hill.  Seven years on and still not resolved.

Usually there is a time where it becomes apparent that no further improvement will be made in your recovery. I was told seven years after I had an accident as your body cells are completely changed in that period, in effect you are a different person. I believe that this is the delay in making the final payouts in major injury claims.

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Usually there is a time where it becomes apparent that no further improvement will be made in your recovery. I was told seven years after I had an accident as your body cells are completely changed in that period, in effect you are a different person. I believe that this is the delay in making the final payouts in major injury claims.

Also if you look at the IOM Newspapers story, she originally started this case in May 2016.  Presumably the ACU have been trying to delay things on the grounds you suggest - that time is needed to determine how serious and long-lasting any injuries are.  I think the other case had a similar time-line.

Archived