Mail On Line Report On Tt

John

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes - Matt.

Are you suggesting that as a taxpayer, the government were acting in my name when they sent the bikes out again, and therefore I should be embarrassed?

Well I am.

It wasn't the government, it was the race organisers. And the race organisers are... ACU Events Ltd!

Any more fiction for us Declan?

Yes - Matt.

Are you suggesting that as a taxpayer, the government were acting in my name when they sent the bikes out again, and therefore I should be embarrassed?

Well I am.

Not really, I am saying that our collective taxes pay for the event and the event is organised on our behalf by the ACU or something akin to this and I am sure that our first thoughts are that we wish for all involved to be as good as they possibly can be and that the rider who crashed isn't beating himself up mentally.

Accidents happen and this was a genuine accident, a racer lost control of his bike for whatever reason and unfortunately this resulted in spectators being injured, some more serious than others, fortunately there were no fatalities and I'm sure that it was a very terrifying incident for all those involved and those who witnessed it.

Hmmm, I can see see similarities in the accuracy of you description of events. You don't work for the daily wail do you? If not it may be worth firing your CV in to them, they'll probably snap you up!

What has Declan said which is inaccurate about the accident? 11 people were injured, some I think with life changing injuries, and the organisers' reaction ... 'The show must go on'.

Wiki shows 50 people have died since the start of 2000 including riders, marshals and spectators in the TT and the MGP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Snaefell_Mountain_Course_fatal_accidents

But you don't thing that's anyone's business do you, Monkey Boy?

The more compassionate approach, would be to jump on a motorcycle and race past the crash site, I suppose?

Well that's I would have wanted were I injured as a spectator at a sporting event.

From Manx Radio "...police say none of the injuries are thought to be life threatening".

What exactly is your point, numbnuts?

You could argue that as it's tax payers money the Government are acting on our behalf and just like the Iraq wars (not in our name) there will be those who object, but then there will always be objectors to everything and you can't please all the people all the time.

Archived