Mail On Line Report On Tt

John

If you are going to go somewhere there is a high risk of a crash then yes. Kids shouldn't be at the bottom of bray hill.

How's the bottom of bray hill, ie on a straight bit of road not the outside of a corner a high risk spot?

Nom: do kids watching the race know the risks? There's no restriction on who can watch. If the race is as risky to watch as posters here are suggesting, how do you safeguard those that might not be aware of those risks without controlling admission?

It is the outside of a corner at the speeds the bikes are going, they loose it at the top/ half way down Bray hill (a left hander) the resulting debris will generally go in the direction of where that accident ended today.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's the bottom of bray hill, ie on a straight bit of road not the outside of a corner a high risk spot?

You are joking right?

Bray hill is a high speed, down hill left hand bend.

Should someone have an accident on that bend they will end up roughly at the end of port e chee avenue.

Slim there's been a few crashes on Bray Hill over the years.

Kids should be in the care of someone there. Do many children watch the races unaccompanied? I've not noticed but then I don't go out and watch much.

I don't know, but they're off school and free to go about where they like. There's nothing preventing them from watching at those places not already marked as unsafe.

. If the race is as risky to watch as posters here are suggesting,

It's not.

You are joking right?

Should someone have an accident on that bend they will end up roughly at the end of port e chee avenue.

Not joking, just not knowledgeable about the course on a race bike.

So if the entire right hand side of bray hill (and any other straight after a slight bend) is unsafe, nobody should be watching from those places? What about the people who live there, I gather one house had a wheel through their window?

Do the spectator exclusion zones include peoples front gardens? Not trolling, genuinely don't know. Was surprised at how much of the course you can't watch from after a visit up signpost today.

Brat Hill is not a straight bit of road at 30mph, let alone 170!

It's about the straightest bit, are you saying the entire course isn't safe?

492px-Isle_of_Man_TT_Course_%28OpenStree

Either you are trolling or you are just looking at the course from a cyclists point of view, Bray hill is not one of the straightest sections by far.

You are joking right?

Not joking, just not knowledgeable about the course on a race bike.

So if the entire right hand side of bray hill (and any other straight after a slight bend) is unsafe, nobody should be watching from those places? What about the people who live there, I gather one house had a wheel through their window?

Do the spectator exclusion zones include peoples front gardens? Not trolling, genuinely don't know. Was surprised at how much of the course you can't watch from after a visit up signpost today.

Bray Hill is not a slight bend.

The outside of the exit of any corner is the highest risk area.

Yes, if your garden is seen as dangerous enough it is a prohibited area, see exit of Ballagarey on the outside, likewise Douglas Road Corner (I think)

A wall will not stop a bike going 100mph+.

Some walls will, some wont, that is the decision you have to make if you use one as your escape option if a bike is coming toward you.

Although I like the Subaru laps that happen now, if Mark Higgins had not saved that tank slapper he had a couple of years ago, just after todays incident site, a car, with its mass would go through houses, a bike wont, especially if the wall has a decent mass itself.

It was actually a text message someone showed me that said "the front wheel came through our living room window".

So in a few years we've progressed from "the riders know the risks" to "the spectators know the risks" to "people sitting on their sofas know the risks".

Archived