Save Our Mercury Arc Rectifiers

jim

@Paswt, not sure the accommodation on the Calf is being left to decay it wasn't long back that the spent a lot of money on on instaling a brand new stainless steel commercial quality kitchen over at the farm house. The modernish light house building could be put to better use possibly if its not already.

I was referring to the properties formerly occupied by the workers constructing the lighthouse that had their roofs removed and the non use of the old lighthouse buildings . I was advised that Trinity House offered (for free)the modern lighthouse which has all facilities to the custodians of the Calf and they declined ( I was there a couple of weeks ago and was advised it was still unoccupied.

Tugger, you may be right , I did not visit the prison but was told by a "prison officer" prior to the move to Jurby that the place had all the canteen/shower facilities and would be ideal for "homeless accommodation" or for TT/MGP.

I s'pose the point I was trying to make was that central and local government and ,sadly trustees, seldom employ people with vision,ideas and imagination and the tendency is to go for the "safe option" ("as it would cost far too much") and would rather destroy something than let "amateurs" (in their view) "give it a go". If the powers that be have decided to trash it anyway they have nothing to lose.....(.they could still retain ownership of the building).............other than perhaps being miffed that their assessment had been proved wrong .

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There does seem to be a lack of advertising of these assets, there is a nice house in Arrasey plantation that I think is government owned but a quick Google throws up nothing. Would be a great spot for visiting mountain bikers to stay.

Archived