Displayport Cable - Local Supply?

Grrrr. Picked up a DisplayPort to HDMI cable in PCWorld for 47p (!!!) to connect card (HDMI) to monitor (DP) (no DP to DP cables available)

Unfortunately, for triple output to work, one of them has to be the DP port. So back to amazon...

Make sure it's an active adapter. They cost more, but passive ones won't work.

Just to clarify for anyone else who comes across this thread - currently I'm outputting using 2xDVI ports (successfully) and 1xHDMI port (unsuccessfully) from the graphics card.

Having read some more since I bought the HDMI to DP cable, the only way of getting triple output is if one of the outputs used is DisplayPort, i.e. 1xDP, 1xHDMI and 1xDVI or 1xDP and 2xDVI.

Just to clarify for anyone else who comes across this thread - currently I'm outputting using 2xDVI ports (successfully) and 1xHDMI port (unsuccessfully) from the graphics card.

Having read some more since I bought the HDMI to DP cable, the only way of getting triple output is if one of the outputs used is DisplayPort, i.e. 1xDP, 1xHDMI and 1xDVI or 1xDP and 2xDVI.

Just throw an active DP to DVI into the mix and you'll be sorted. Is it miniDP or full size DP on the card? I don't recall many newer cards having anything but MiniDP.

• 8 years later...