Driver admits causing death of walker

The Sick Moon

I wonder how much "Society" has already spent on this individual, not least of all in terms of the costs of the Justice system trying him for current and past misdemeanours, doubtless vast amounts of Legal Aid, the cost of incarcerating him for his previous offence(s), assessing him for early release, whatever "opportunities" were offered him in respect of rehab whilst "inside"....the list is doubtless considerable in terms of pounds and pence, let alone generosity, that we are obliged to discharge as the civilised society that we try hard to be.

"Society", for their justice and generosity were then rewarded by this creature being out for a week, stealing a car and driving it as a TWOC, under the influence(?) and in possession of drugs and then relieving an totally innocent walker of her life on a road that was closed to traffic (being on such is an offence in itself, unless I am much mistaken?).

IMHO, "Society" would now be better served by simply nailing this tw@t to a couple of stobs driven into the moorside adjacent to his crime and leaving him to rot for the crows and other wildlife...rather than throwing further good money after bad by starting the process all over again....

http://www.isleofman.com/News/details/14528/judge-shows-no-sympathy-for-burglars

Neither made any admissions to the police when interviewed or pleaded guilty at the first opportunity, and details released along with appeal judge Tattersall's decision also show both had very long and extensive criminal records"

"All three were armed with knives when they burgled the property, threatening resident Kimberley Collister, who was aged 20 and 25 weeks pregnant at the time.

At one point Kitching swung his knife at her, across her stomach, but it hit a laptop she was holding instead of hitting her".

Sometimes custody is also about protecting the public. With a long history of criminal behaviour and obvious aggression, he's had opportunities. The fact that he didn't even stop at the scene makes it even worse. I agree with trying to rehabilitate people but in this instance I will not lose sleep if he receives the longest time in prison that the law allows. I sincerely hope that killing someone changes Kitching for the better, but I hope it is a long time before we find out.

Edited by Keith

http://www.isleofman.com/News/details/14528/judge-shows-no-sympathy-for-burglars

Neither made any admissions to the police when interviewed or pleaded guilty at the first opportunity, and details released along with appeal judge Tattersall's decision also show both had very long and extensive criminal records"

"All three were armed with knives when they burgled the property, threatening resident Kimberley Collister, who was aged 20 and 25 weeks pregnant at the time.

At one point Kitching swung his knife at her, across her stomach, but it hit a laptop she was holding instead of hitting her".

Sometimes custody is also about protecting the public. With a long history of criminal behaviour and obvious aggression, he's had opportunities. The fact that he didn't even stop at the scene makes it even worse. I agree with trying to rehabilitate people but in this instance I will not lose sleep if he receives the longest time in prison that the law allows. I sincerely hope that killing someone changes Kitching for the better, but I hope it is a long time before we find out.

I sincerely hope he doesn't change his plea.

I was just pointing out to censorship that there is options there for him whether he takes them or not is up to him

fair enough, it just came accross as he'll be a pillar of the comunity when he comes out this time. you wouldn't get odds on it happening though, some people are just built wrong.

Not necessarily during his time away he could do courses so when he is released he could be a useful member of society.

Come on Thommo, useful member of society?

The parole board let him out early which surprised many cons and screws as he wouldn't do any courses. Sounds about right then. Do sod all, be a butt wipe in the Hilton and carry around a get out of jail free card.

Learnt nothing, mixed with another in and out clown and hey ho, someone dead because he was released too damn early!

Not right, not right at all