The Fish Shop

Gizo

Blatent hard sell for 'The Fish Shop' in Port St Mary. Located in the old Post Office opposite the Co-op. The reason being is because they have some great fish on display daily and are really helpful for your fishy needs. Personally I don't/wouldn't like to see this fishmonger disappear, as I refuse to buy the rotten stuff in Shopshite. They also sell coffee/teas etc using local milk and offer fishy snacks like Mackerel and kipper baps.

Next time you're down south pop in.

I have no connection to this venture. but since a certain coffee shop can have 14pages of free publicity.....

Good on them for supporting the local economy with their actions and not just their words!

Can you please advise whether they sell the fish in packaging to take away or is this just a place where you go to eat in? And what are their chips like if they do them? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

There is a new fad out here in Turkey for expanding Butchers and fish shops into full blown eateries whilst retaining the meat=fish retail counters as centre pieces. Our local fish restaurant= shop has boomed whilst pre existing restaurants are failing badly in these lean tourist times.. Will this trend appear on Mona soon I wonder

Its Run by Paddy Croft of "Paddys" who has jumped ship from his eponymous Robinsons affiliation. Can only assume they bought the name as If I was him id want to distance myself ASAP.

Smokes the fish downstairs and does quite a lot of game to. If you want "local" fish worth asking whats come in as bycatch of the Peel boats.

I think they are missing a trick with this place. Had a look at it a couple of weeks back and they have a very limited menu such as kipper baps, but they have a counter full of wet fish. What they should be doing is allowing customers to select their fish and then cook it for them.

I think they are missing a trick with this place. Had a look at it a couple of weeks back and they have a very limited menu such as kipper baps, but they have a counter full of wet fish. What they should be doing is allowing customers to select their fish and then cook it for them.

nice idea, but then it becomes a restaurant?

Archived