Former minister rejoins department

Wann

Rule 2 of the T&Cs states:

"No obscenities, no defamation*, no tasteless or otherwise unpleasant or injurious posts and no posts which break either the civil or criminal law are allowed."

(*emphasis added by myself)

TJ, I demand an apology, or do I have to take this further?

How exactly does one go about defaming an anonymous person? Get real. Especially when you yourself have accused me of lying multiple times. If you'd just asked for an apology, instead of demanding one, I'd probably have offered one. As an anarchist, I don't react well to demands.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're not twisting your way out of this one with your usual semantics. You have called me a liar with no proof to support that allegation, I demand an apology.

How many times have I been accused of being a liar on this forum? And now I turn the tables and accuse one of you of being one and suddenly you get your knickers in a twist.

How exactly does one go about defaming an anonymous person? Get real. Especially when you yourself have accused me of lying multiple times. If you'd just asked for an apology, instead of demanding one, I'd probably have offered one. As an anarchist, I don't react well to demands.

You have previously admitted to lying on this form so you cannot claim any sort of moral high ground. I have emails to back up what I said about Shimmin (I'm not stupid and kept them once I could sense potential future issues and also when he bullied a junior staff member, and no I will not divulge them on here). For once in your forum life do the right thing and apologise for calling me a liar. I

Do that and we will said no more on the matter.

You're not twisting your way out of this one with your usual semantics. You have called me a liar with no proof to support that allegation, I demand an apology.

How many times have I been accused of being a liar on this forum? And now I turn the tables and accuse one of you of being one and suddenly you get your knickers in a twist.

You may not get your knickers in a twist about being called a liar but I take it very personally when someone accuses me a lying with no proof to support that allegation. Not much winds me up but my personal integrity being called into question does, so please apologise for this one.

You have previously admitted to lying on this form so you cannot claim any sort of moral high ground. I have emails to back up what I said about Shimmin (I'm not stupid and kept them once I could sense potential future issues and also when he bullied a junior staff member, and no I will not divulge them on here). For once in your forum life do the right thing and apologise for calling me a liar. I

You're the one who is defaming a person by their real identity -- i.e. John Shimmin. You're just an anonymous internet user. Where is your backup for your claims that Shimmin is a bully? PM me the emails and I will apologise.

You're the one who is defaming a person by their real identity -- i.e. John Shimmin. You're just an anonymous internet user. Where is your backup for your claims that Shimmin is a bully? PM me the emails and I will apologise.

I said I will not divulge those on here, I'm certainly not sending them to you. I repeat, please apologise and we will drop this.

So you won't provide any proof to back up your slanderous / libelous claim that Shimmin is a bully. We're just supposed to take your -- an anonymous internet user's -- word for it. I suggest you drop your libel against an identified person before you ask me to drop my claim that an anonymous internet user is a liar.

So you won't provide any proof to back up your slanderous / libelous claim that Shimmin is a bully. We're just supposed to take your -- an anonymous internet user's -- word for it. I suggest you drop your libel against an identified person before you ask me to drop my claim that an anonymous internet user is a liar.

If John Shimmin wants to pursue a libel case against me he can, I have the emails to support my claims. You have nothing to support your allegation of me being a flat out liar. I repeat, apologise and that will be the end of this matter.

If John Shimmin wants to pursue a libel case against me he can, I have the emails to support my claims. You have nothing to support your allegation of me being a flat out liar. I repeat, apologise and that will be the end of this matter.

You are an unidentified and anonymous internet user. Good luck taking me to court.

You are an unidentified and anonymous internet user. Good luck taking me to court.

I have never mentioned court, all I ask for is an apology. You have made an unsubstantiated claim against me, just be an adult and apologise.

TJ clearly takes the view that he feels it acceptable to make defamatory statements / inferences , without a shred of evidence, about any other poster who does not share his opinions.

When challenged he either refuses to back up his posts with evidence / claims he is being ironic/ joking or just being untruthful , and then inviting those he offends to take him to court.

"by their fruits ye shall know them"

Archived