Former minister rejoins department

Wann

I contacted Mr Shimmin in relation to a problem , I was not impressed , if asked I'd decline to give him a reference.

Me too. At least you got a reply after you contacted him.

I'm not impressed by the guy and he seems to be just a fall guy mouthpiece for his civil servants. I wonder has he learnt a lesson yet?

Or is he just another fool on the hill.

I didn't get a reply from Mr Shimmin!

The civil servant who responded to my complaint advised me he "must defer to the superior knowledge" of the officer involved and that I "might take some comfort from the fact that whatever the deficiencies...... did not affect the officers consideration". "There is no facility for reconsideration...... this matter is now closed ".

Your assertion that he is a "fall guy mouthpiece for civil servants " is a fairly accurate summary in my view.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The civil servant who responded to my complaint advised me he "must defer to the superior knowledge" of the officer involved and that I "might take some comfort from the fact that whatever the deficiencies...... did not affect the officers consideration". "There is no facility for reconsideration...... this matter is now closed ".

Your assertion that he is a "fall guy mouthpiece for civil servants " is a fairly accurate summary in my view.

You didn't get to sponge off the Manx taxpayer by requesting financial assistance for something, so you badmouth the minister of the department on here. Is that what happened?

I like John Shimmin. He seems a decent person and I believe he cares about the island.

He may seem it, but having had to deal with him professionally I think otherwise. He probably does care about the island but that care appeared secondary to his own advancement. I will not go into details but I have personal experience of him attempting to get me to do something that was unethical (and potentially illegal) and of him bullying junior members of staff. He may come across as a nice guy, I believe the reality is something else. Of course none of what I say matters because he will undoubtedly be re-elected next time and remain a familiar face in Tynwald and Government.

He may seem it, but having had to deal with him professionally I think otherwise. He probably does care about the island but that care appeared secondary to his own advancement. I will not go into details but I have personal experience of him attempting to get me to do something that was unethical (and potentially illegal) and of him bullying junior members of staff. He may come across as a nice guy, I believe the reality is something else. Of course none of what I say matters because he will undoubtedly be re-elected next time and remain a familiar face in Tynwald and Government.

You're a flat out liar. John Shimmin is a nice guy. It's the civil servants who are unethical and engage in bullying.

You didn't get to sponge off the Manx taxpayer by requesting financial assistance for something, so you badmouth the minister of the department on here. Is that what happened?

LOL

I have never sponged off the manx taxpayer.

I have never requested financial assistance for anything.

The enquiry was in relation to a planning application.

You seem intent on supporting Mr Shimmin by 'bad mouthing' anyone who takes a contrary view to your own .

YOUR ASSERTIONS ARE GROUNDLESS I challenge you to provide the evidence or withdraw your allegations.

You're a flat out liar. John Shimmin is a nice guy. It's the civil servants who are unethical and engage in bullying.

I'm starting to remember why I stopped trying to join in discussions with you, you're unreasonable and contrary.

You said he seems like a decent guy, do you know him? Have you met him? Have you had professional dealings with him? I have and I am not lying, I demand an apology.

I think TJ has been Shimbo'd * either that or he is actually John Shimmin.

* I'm not sure, in fact I haven't a clue, if 'Shimbo' is actually a verb. But if it were, then TJ has had it done to him.

Perhaps they have finally twigged that Mr Robertshaw genuinely intends to cut the size of govt in half & are bringing back JS to safeguard their powerbase, this being the number of civil & public servants who will vote for the right wing establishment in order to preserve their jobs

The only *** in history to rejoin a sinking ship

I'm starting to remember why I stopped trying to join in discussions with you, you're unreasonable and contrary.

You said he seems like a decent guy, do you know him? Have you met him? Have you had professional dealings with him? I have and I am not lying, I demand an apology.

I stand by my claim that John Shimmin is a decent person who is in politics because he is a real Manxman and cares about the island.

I stand by my claim that John Shimmin is a decent person who is in politics because he is a real Manxman and cares about the island.

You're not twisting your way out of this one with your usual semantics. You have called me a liar with no proof to support that allegation, I demand an apology.

You are entitled to your claim in relation to your opinion of anyone but you are not entitled to claim that those who do not share your views are either liars or are motivated by malice and ,without a shred of evidence, question their integrity.

Rule 2 of the T&Cs states:

"No obscenities, no defamation*, no tasteless or otherwise unpleasant or injurious posts and no posts which break either the civil or criminal law are allowed."

(*emphasis added by myself)

TJ, I demand an apology, or do I have to take this further?

Archived