Sure Mobile - Samsung /4G

I think the Sure 4G network is having trouble today but I noted on their website that Samsung phones may be delayed as the manufacturer has to approve the sure network first and then roll it out on their updates I believe

The solutions (again, keep in mind my reservations about rooting your phone):

1. Change with a root explorer of your choice (e.g. Root Explorer, Solid Explorer or EF File Explorer) the value “false” in filepersist.radio.lteon into “true” by way of build-in text editor of the root explorer. The file is located in root/data/property. Be sure permissions of persist.radio.lteon are set to rw, after altering the file save the file and make it read-only. Reboot your phone, now you will see and be able to pick the option “LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)” in Network Mode menu. Important: before altering ANY file on your phone be sure you have a copy of the original, unaltered file!!! Advantage of this solution: even after a phone reboot the option “LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)” will remain visible/activated.

2. When you are afraid or not tech-savvy enough to alter phone files you can download “Advanced Signal Status” on Google Play. Start the app, go into Advanced Info located on bottom of the app and subsequent choose LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) in the first sub-menu of Advanced Info. In phone Network Mode menu option “LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)” will still not be visible but nevertheless you will be able to use LTE/4G. Disadvantage of this solution will be that after every phone reboot you have to start “Advanced Signal Status app” and reactivate LTE/GSM/CDMA option.

Please remember that LTE/4G will only work in area’s with LTE and your phone data-plan includes the use of LTE. Good luck and have fun!

• 4 weeks later...

Samsung roll out the update, Sure are an approved network and have been now for months, Samsung roll out a carrier update and it works on the Galaxy S5, Alpha and S4 so far. It is a pain.

Archived