The Phaaaaaaaaaantom of the Opera

thebees

Is absolutely great, that young Emily girl has the voice of an angel, I do not lavish praise without cause she is the best Christine I have ever seen. The show is great, the flow is actually better than the show at Her Majesty's was, you 'get' the story. Very very good, I hear that there may be tickets in the gods left. I'm going again on Monday and the following Saturday, can't wait :)

Why so negative TSM? This sort of thing is not exactly my thing, but I went along last night with my other half and our eldest daughter. It really was a great show, even without the usual 'for an amateur production' addition.

They nailed it all - costumes, scenery, singing, dancing, music, stagecraft. I bought tickets a bit too late and was up in the amphitheatre, but it turned out to be a really good vantage point to see everything that was going on, and I was able to get to the bar before just about everybody else in the interval.

I know people who 'know about music' get a bit sniffy about popular musicals. Each to their own I suppose, but there's got to be something in a show that can sell out our theatre for the best part of 2 weeks - that's about the same number of people that went to see Elton John. Preferable for me to some indie band that has all the integrity in the world but (in the words of Bruce Dickinson) 'couldn't sell out a fuckin' toilet'.

I like Sarah Brighton's version of Learn to be Lonely. That's about it, I have no interest in watching the opera.

And her version of "Music of the night" Wonderful thumbsup.gif

I like her version of "Gloomy Sunday", but not as good as Heather Nova's version:

crying.gif

Nice. smile.png

Archived