Beer Festival

offshore

So no feedback so far? Did anyone actually go?

I went. There was no queues, friendly staff, and good beer. Overall it was very well organised. They also didn't try and sting you for the extra price of a festival glass & beer menu which was included in the ticket price unlike CAMRA. They also had the very helpful touch of putting the number of the beer you were drinking on the beer token slip for when you were to pissed to remember what the beer was. Having the beer in 2 rooms meant that everyone wasn't trying to cram into the downstairs room to get a drink. They also kicked out the afternoon beer festival goers which meant that everyone who had a ticket for the evening session could get in. Still not quite sure why CAMRA didn't do that as most other beer festivals I have attended have a clear break between the afternoon and evening session.

I had every intention of going but got dragged to another event. Walking past the Villa there seemed a good crowd downstairs in the penned area and also on the balcony area up top.

Glad it was a success.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I went on three occasions - I thought the idea of splitting the days into "sessions" avoided overcrowding and there was virtually never any problem in getting served ... Well done all at the Douglas Rotary and all their brilliant volunteers! Here's to next year! Hope the CAMRA guys have learned from the Rotary how to make it work!

• 3 weeks later...

as the CAMRA organisers have stated before - it wasn't their fault it was everyone else's. If only the public learnt not to go on the Friday night things would have been fine.

Archived