Beer Festival

offshore

Hi Guys

This needs a bump.

Rotary Club of Douglas have a 3 day Beer and Cider Festival at the Villa Marina and opened yesterday. Tickets from Welcome Centre or Villa or pay on the door.

128 different beers, 20 ciders. Beer list looks fairly good and has a number of beers we at CAMRA haven't had.

Limited to 500 people in the two rooms I understand.

Using some CAMRA equipment and volunteers. Should be a good do. Ends Sunday afternoon 4.30pm.

Fri pm 12-4.30

Fri eve 6-10.30

Sat pm 12-4.30

Sat eve 6-10.30

Sun as above.

www.beerfestival.im

Facebook.com/BeerFestivalIOM

Please support it - Real Ale is thicker than water lol.

Why is it that when a few guys go out for a few beers, it's deemed a ' piss- up ' but when 500 gather in a posh Hall , paying for the privalige it's called a ' Festival '

Any feedback from Friday?

I might go this afternoon or this evening but in all the beer festivals I have ever been to I have never had to queue for a beer and I am not going to start now, although I did spend 10 minutes in the queue outside the Villa at the CAMRA one, thankfully we did not persevere and went down the town for a 1/2 gallon of bog standard Okells.

..I did spend 10 minutes in the queue outside the Villa at the CAMRA one, thankfully we did not persevere and went down the town for a 1/2 gallon of bog standard Okells.

Up to bog standard? Since when did they improve it?

They don't improve it, they just keep upping the price.

Comes to something when the beer you brew costs 4X the price of the petrol you put in your car.

Edited to remove the type of car.

Archived