Lenghy sentence.

Paulos

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"cannabis resin worth £12."

"the length of sentence was affected by the fact he hadn't named his supplier. "

How pathetic.

And oldmanxfella is clearly crazy. Anyone who thinks its acceptable for someone to serve 4 years for £120 worth of drugs can fuck off quite frankly.

"cannabis resin worth £12."[/size]

"[/size]the length of sentence was affected by the fact he hadn't named his supplier. "[/size]

How pathetic. [/size]

And oldmanxfella is clearly crazy. Anyone who thinks its acceptable for someone to serve 4 years for £120 worth of drugs can fuck off quite frankly.[/size]

Fucking heroin too. What sort of total dickwad smuggles heroin into a prison and a. Doesn't think they will be caught, and b. Doesn't think they will be made an example of when caught? Wouldn't name his supplier either. Two posters supporting someone who clearly sounds like a complete bell end. The sentence is clearly a deterrent to any fuckwitt who might consider smuggling drugs into a prison in future.

All drugs should be legal and regulated, not prohibited, as people are going to take drugs regardless of what the government tries to do. The government is actually successful in regulating substances to the public and completely unsuccessful in trying to prohibit them. If you haven't realised that already (its only been 30/40 years of the War on Drugs for you to realise) then its pointless you even taking part in this conversation.

"The sentence is clearly a deterrent to any fuckwitt who might consider smuggling drugs into a prison in future. "

Can tell you now, it wont work. So if this sentence was merely to act as a deterrent and I can already tell you it hasn't worked, then the whole fucking thing is a bit pointless isn't it?

All drugs should be legal and regulated, not prohibited, as people are going to take drugs regardless of what the government tries to do. If you haven't realised that already (its only been 30/40 years of the War on Drugs for you to realise) then its pointless you even taking part in this conversation.

Wrong - I support more relaxed drug laws but anyone who sells smack is a piece of shit.

Well you're wrong. Its not proportionate just because its big scary HEROIN. Seems to me like your own personal fears are effecting your rationale. The demand for any drug is due to addiction, which is a health issue not a criminal one. This guy clearly disagrees with the drug laws and is happy to supply users with the substance they want. Demand = Supply.

Already stated that the whole deterrence thing wont work and yes, I wouldn't be surprised if someone smuggles some stuff in for this very person. You'd be very naive to think that this has now solved the "problem of smuggling drugs into the prison".

Well you're wrong. Its not proportionate just because its big scary HEROIN. Seems to me like your own personal fears are effecting your rationale. The demand for any drug is due to addiction, which is a health issue not a criminal one. This guy clearly disagrees with the drug laws and is happy to supply users with the substance they want. Demand = Supply.

Already stated that the whole deterrence thing wont work and yes, I wouldnt be surprised if someone smuggles some stuff in for this very person.

Anyone who sells smack is a scumbag. I have no issue with recreational drug use whatsoever but feeding addicts in prison is like shooting fish in a barrel. I honestly can't believe one person is that stupid to think they would get away with it. Or that they wouldn't be made an example of.

How about a proportionate sentence is my point.

WHY

Theft is theft, smuggling drugs is smuggling drugs.

Black is black.

Did you think a telling off would do?

What is your logic exactly? Because bad things happen, proportionate sentences shouldn't be considered because everything is simply black and white in your world?

"Drugs are bad because they're illegal"

"Why are they illegal?"

"Because they're bad".

How about a proportionate sentence is my point.

WHY

Theft is theft, smuggling drugs is smuggling drugs.

Black is black.

Did you think a telling off would do?

What is your logic exactly? Because bad things happen, proportionate sentences shouldn't be considered because everything is simply black and white in your world?

"Drugs are bad because they're illegal"

"Why are they illegal?"

"Because they're bad".

As someone more famous than me would say,...........whatever.

Already stated that the whole deterrence thing wont work and yes, I wouldnt be surprised if someone smuggles some stuff in for this very person.

Fuck you. Anyone who sells smack is a fucking scumbag. I have no issue with recreational drug use whatsoever but feeding addicts in prison is like shooting fish in a barrel. I honestly can't believe one person is that stupid to think they would get away with it. Or that they wouldn't be made an example of.

Now now, no need for "fuck you" just because someone is challenging your shitty view. You haven't given me a counter argument for everything i said about demand = supply and how regulation works and prohibition doesn't instead you've just stamped your feet about "HOW BAD HEROIN IS" and how only SCUMBAGS do it.

"I honestly can't believe one person is that stupid to think they would get away with it. Or that they wouldn't be made an example of."

Drugs have been smuggled into prison for years and will continue to do so. One person got caught and your singing "victory" and "lets make an example". Why? One person getting stopped is nothing to shout about.

Seems like you're a little naive to me so I'm done here.

Archived