Pie at Night

Rhumsaa

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do realise this is because you went to Edinburgh and discovered The Piemaker. And now you want proper pie at non-standard hours all the time.

that was on my mind when I created this thread - bloody amazing pies!

We shouldn't really discuss The Piemaker openly on the Isle of Man. Very few here will ever be able to experience walking into a pie shop where they have such a huge selection of freshly made pies and pasties, backed up with an equally huge array of genuinely different sweet pastries and cookies. And at a price you'd normally associate with Greggs-style factory crap.

I plumped for the Queens in the end and was pleasantly surprised - decent pie with good gravy and meat. Definitely not a pastry lid afterthought.

To complete the review can you describe the bap, number of chips and whether they had processed or garden peas?

I plumped for the Queens in the end and was pleasantly surprised - decent pie with good gravy and meat. Definitely not a pastry lid afterthought.

To complete the review can you describe the bap, number of chips and whether they had processed or garden peas?

I was not offered a bap much to my chagrin

The chips were tasty if not overwhelming in number and there were no peas but there was nicely steamed carrot and cauliflower

All in all a solid 8 out of 10

The IoM needs a Pie Minister big time. Shame they don't franchise. Chicken of Aragon FTW.

Deffo. I've got the Pie Minister recipe book and everything I've made from it has been excellent. They've omitted a couple of ingredients from some of their more famous recipes but a shady type in a trench coat once told me the secret to their famous moo pie (steak and ale) is hoi sin sauce. Since then I've added it to loads of beefy stews and pies and it works amazingly well.

Archived