DEFA consultation Document.

homarus

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

On the run from the IoM authorities. Bet they're bricking it.....

I got the impression from the way the Manx Radio report was worded - 'we cannot report their current whereabouts, due the Data Protection issues, but..........' that they are probably in the Jurby Hilton, pending payment?

4 hours ago, Nellie said:

I got the impression from the way the Manx Radio report was worded - 'we cannot report their current whereabouts, due the Data Protection issues, but..........' that they are probably in the Jurby Hilton, pending payment?

Yes I think the pair of them are in the IOM clink, do you teally think the owners would fork out that sort of money on them pair to pay compensation ect or just leave them there for 6month instead and get someone else to skipper the boats ? Difficult one that !! Another dram please.....

What nonsense. Can't report their whereabouts due to data protection??

Yet can accurately trace their whereabouts to inside our 3 which is why they were named and fined in the first place. 

Arrest the vessels or suspend the license of all vessels under common ownership until the fine is paid.

If the Individual owned the vessel yes ,totally agree but the skippers didn't own the vessels  .

It's more shameful and indicitive of the shambles that is DEFA , that a supposed national government is running scared of  one ruthless Scottish businessman in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

You can go listen to the shite that comes out of their mouths in person tooo !!!

The situation at the Department of the Environment, Food and Agriculture, is to be examined tomorrow (Friday) 

Tynwald’s environment and infrastructure policy review committee will take evidence from the Minister for Environment, Food, and Agriculture, Geoffrey Boot MHK, and the chief executive of the department, Richard Lole, on Friday (May 11) at 10.30am.

This will be a general oral evidence session covering a range of topics. 

The evidence will be taken in public in the Legislative Council Chamber, Legislative Buildings, Buck’s Road, Douglas.

On 5/10/2018 at 1:09 PM, Big Al said:

You can go listen to the shite that comes out of their mouths in person tooo !!!

The situation at the Department of the Environment, Food and Agriculture, is to be examined tomorrow (Friday) 

Tynwald’s environment and infrastructure policy review committee will take evidence from the Minister for Environment, Food, and Agriculture, Geoffrey Boot MHK, and the chief executive of the department, Richard Lole, on Friday (May 11) at 10.30am.

This will be a general oral evidence session covering a range of topics. 

The evidence will be taken in public in the Legislative Council Chamber, Legislative Buildings, Buck’s Road, Douglas.

Just incase you never heard !

http://www.tynwald.org.im/business/listen/AgainFiles/ENVI20180511a.mp3

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, WTF said:

i can see the logic,  it is like big car and engine = bigger vehicle duty  or bigger house = bigger rates bill.

But that's the point. They put the proposals in to do that, but have again back tracked, and now just increase the current fees by a percentage. 

They appear to have a deficit of authority when it comes to introducing new fees and regulations.

Which leads to the question who does?

The Scottish fishermen that control our scallop market?

Grrr

It’s a classic case in point of a government department that know nothings about the industry’s its governs and that’s scarey, especially for anyone who has invested or is thinking about to invest or for those who just want to make an honest living.

Note, Jersey have brought in an outsider chief executive  (Charlie Parker ) to slim down and modernised the whole of there  civil service we could start at defa then move onto the untouchables at the cabinet office, just I thought????

Archived