Isle of Man Newspapers Awards for Excellence 2016

censorship

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, piebaps said:

I see the Cabinet Office won the public sector award for achievement. It went to the Year of Our Island Team.

Really, that's pathetic. Such a team doesn't even exist. It's just a couple of people from the External Relations Team trying to pretend they're relevant.

8 minutes ago, MrPB said:

Remind me please. Which year was Year of Our Island? 

i find it quite sad really that all the Cabinet Office  has to do with its time is to nominate itself for awards. A brilliant use of taxpayer £s Mr Thomas. No doubt Mr Thomas will be on here defensively defending his department, his staff and his position, akin to the line he takes on IOMNPT Facebook - shouting and verbally demonstrating to those facebbookers yahoo disagree with Mr Thomas’s spin. 

37 minutes ago, 2112 said:

No doubt Mr Thomas will be on here defensively defending his department, his staff and his position.

Got to say that garden in St Johns is pretty fucking awesome though bit of a rum show they could not get Ian Goldsmith to accept the award rather than his sister.

1 hour ago, piebaps said:

I see the Cabinet Office won the public sector award for achievement. It went to the Year of Our Island Team.

To be fair claiming credit for other people's hard work is pretty much what these award shindigs are about.  So given that the Year of Our Island consisted almost entirely of things that other people had organised that were going to take place anyway, you must admit the Cabinet Office getting a trophy was in the spirit of it all.

(Also they did have to take it over last minutes after Enterprise had sat around doing sod all up to about November 2017).

Archived