another for Jurby Hilton

Tempus Fugit

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you smoke? should be a standard question at all job interviews.

Back on topic, whichever way the worth of this amount of cannabis is worked out it is one helluva lot. I wonder what these guys who have been convicted of having the most miniscule amounts think?

Sort of begs the question why didn't the liverpool police arrest him before he got on the boat

Probably because the gear was hidden well enough to escape detection at Heysham. Anyone who has ever had their van/car searched at either Liverpool or Heysham will know that they are far from thorough, usually just a cursory look in the back and job done.

Most of the big busts over come via the police sniffer dogs that routinely patrol the car decks on both the Ben and Mannanan. The fuzz will then radio ahead to their mates in Douglas who might choose to let them depart the boat so they can scoop up as many of those involved locally as well.

It's a significant amount and a good result for the police and the island in general.:thumbsup:

And especially a good result for cannabis importers and dealers, as the reduction in supply could help increase prices as demand isn't going to go down.

And while they "caught" this one supplier, they wont have caught the other hundred or so.

This is the policing version of sticking your finger in a hole in a dam with a thousand holes in it.

But they don't want to stop the trade because it would threaten their gravy train. Regular 'wins', taking down a handful of the people involved, keeps the successful prosecution stats ups, keeps the older and more conservatively minded population on side and preserves jobs which are completely unnecessary. The police don't want to win the drug war, their self-interest is in keeping it going.
You really are a dope.

Then why not arrest him on the boat?

Because then we wouldn't know who he was coming to meet. Why do half a job when a proper job gives better results.

But it states an arrest as in one...my guess is they still didn't catch who he was coming to meet

Because then he is our problem and not theirs.

true about who's problem it is, but my guess is that a police sniffer dog goes round the car deck once the boat is at sea and points out all the vehicles with nice smells, when the boat docks the police can either stop people there and then or let them run and see where they go. either way it seems to work, having 3+ hours to search without the driver having any clue they've been rumbled has to have its advantages.

edit; didn't read any further before I posted, vee dub covers it well.

Then why not arrest him on the boat?

Because then we wouldn't know who he was coming to meet. Why do half a job when a proper job gives better results.

But it states an arrest as in one...my guess is they still didn't catch who he was coming to meet

Nothing lost then.

Archived