another for Jurby Hilton

Tempus Fugit

This belief that there is some kind of Athol St cocaine club. How funny, did you get that from a Fo Haloo pamphlet in 1973 ?

Cocaine use nowadays is what pot use was 20 years ago, widespread and as likely to be found at The Bretney as Majestic View

I'm strictly an Okell's beer man, but over the past 20 years I have seen more and more pub goers taking to other drugs. Cocaine seems to be very popular. They're your general building workers or whatever. They certainly seem to think that cocaine makes them like one of the 'Athol Street Cocaine Club' or whatever, the way they act when having partaken. I'd prefer not to be in the pub with them. But I suppose the feeling might be mutual. And there in a nutshell is the downspiral of pubs

Regarding drug sentencing etc. It doesn't help when the first deemster considers all people involved with drugs are violent, dangerous and evil people.

Well, there's nought like prejudiced generality, especially when you are a judge.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember how I said the phoney war on drugs was a job creation scheme for those who would struggle in the real world? Guess what! The cops want more staff to fight this great problem

http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/port-id-checks-could-increase-drug-arrests/

I don't come on here much so I'm not sure if there are annual awards. If there are I nominate you for 'Tin Foil Wearing Plum of the Year'.

Remember how I said the phoney war on drugs was a job creation scheme for those who would struggle in the real world? Guess what! The cops want more staff to fight this great problem

http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/port-id-checks-could-increase-drug-arrests/

I don't come on here much so I'm not sure if there are annual awards. If there are I nominate you for 'Tin Foil Wearing Plum of the Year'.

To be fair the global war on drugs has never been about drugs....

Cocaine use nowadays is what pot use was 20 years ago, widespread and as likely to be found at The Bretney as Majestic View

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngflowers.gif

Well I understand there are less than half a dozen houses in Majestic View , is this a reference to the "drug dealer" , prosecuted, if memory serves, some years ago who lived there ?flowers.gif

I think there are, but I'm sure they are nothing like as rewarding as the annual awards your Chief Constable no doubt invites you and your uniformed colleagues to

Sort of begs the question why didn't the liverpool police arrest him before he got on the boat

Probably because the gear was hidden well enough to escape detection at Heysham. Anyone who has ever had their van/car searched at either Liverpool or Heysham will know that they are far from thorough, usually just a cursory look in the back and job done.

Most of the big busts over come via the police sniffer dogs that routinely patrol the car decks on both the Ben and Mannanan. The fuzz will then radio ahead to their mates in Douglas who might choose to let them depart the boat so they can scoop up as many of those involved locally as well.

Someone's been telling you stories

All of the big busts come from a list of informants

If you're such an expert how come you got nailed? I'm happy with my source of info mate.

Sort of begs the question why didn't the liverpool police arrest him before he got on the boat

Probably because the gear was hidden well enough to escape detection at Heysham. Anyone who has ever had their van/car searched at either Liverpool or Heysham will know that they are far from thorough, usually just a cursory look in the back and job done.

Most of the big busts over come via the police sniffer dogs that routinely patrol the car decks on both the Ben and Mannanan. The fuzz will then radio ahead to their mates in Douglas who might choose to let them depart the boat so they can scoop up as many of those involved locally as well.

If you're such an expert how come you got nailed? I'm happy with my source of info mate.

Someone snitched on me

Imagine actually phoning to the police and saying "I'd like to report a suspicious looking plant." - PMSL, I can't wait to get retired old, that's another thing for my OAP menacing list, phone the police and report a suspicious looking plant. Who would do that? More's the point, why?

Imagine actually phoning to the police and saying "I'd like to report a suspicious looking plant." - PMSL, I can't wait to get retired old, that's another thing for my OAP menacing list, phone the police and report a suspicious looking plant. Who would do that? More's the point, why?

Well, the "why" is easy, you don't like the person and want to get them in trouble.

Someone snitched on me

BASTARD.

This belief that there is some kind of Athol St cocaine club. How funny, did you get that from a Fo Haloo pamphlet in 1973 ?

There certainly used to be an Athol St Club. But it's calmed down in the last 10 years I believe. Totally agree through coke is so accessible anywhere you want to go (on island and off) that there's not really that much they can do. You can normally tell the shifty fuckers who are on coke though. It's not hard to detect who uses it. Just probably hard to catch them in the act of using.

Archived