Yamaha R125 for sale

John Wright

Selling on behalf of client. Yamaha R125, first registered June 2016, only 3000 miles. Excellent condition. Red/White. Cost £4,500 new. Bargain £3,500 ono. Excellent bike for learner. Message me here.post-2905-0-73710400-1488989903_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I weighed around 9 stone in those days but never had a problem with handling. Saying that, it was a case of throttle open and hang on, I had more bottle in those days...

My uncle had one of those GSXr's. And an Ex_Up Yamaha. Remember them?

Quick bikes in their day.

The RC30 is my all time favourite - worth a lot of money now in mint conditionthumbsup.gif

The old RD's could be a handful, frightened myself a couple of times on the 350.

For 18 months I rode around London and the south on a GS550e, Manx reg and displaying 'L' plates, with my old green paper, hand-written Provisional and Ballabrokers insurance docs. Was stopped half a dozen times, once carrying a pillion passenger. Each time, I rode away from a plod scratching his head over what he'd just seen and heard, which was basically, 'that's how it is on the Isle of Man', a place some of them had never heard of! That was some bike, my favourite pose-machine with Marshall 4-1 pipe, cut down seat and ace bars. That year's model was the lowest height Suzi produced too. Walkman's had just become popular and I'd fitted the phones into the helmet. Nothing like racing down to Brighton for the weekend on a summer's evening with Whitesnake blasting in the lid. Great times.

Apologies for going off-topic, did the bike get sold?

I weighed around 9 stone in those days but never had a problem with handling. Saying that, it was a case of throttle open and hang on, I had more bottle in those days...

My uncle had one of those GSXr's. And an Ex_Up Yamaha. Remember them?

Quick bikes in their day.

The RC30 is my all time favourite - worth a lot of money now in mint conditionthumbsup.gif

Are you my cheeky bastard nephew? Bloody hell notwell, where's that twenty spot I lent you 10 years ago..?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived