Pop in for a cup of tea and a chat

TittySmith

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, x-in-man said:

English registered cars here, that are obviously living here, working here and shopping here .. paying no road tax.

How long will that 4x4 be parked in Castletown, held together by string?

When will that black Citroen I've seen every day for almost 2 years be forced to re-register and pay up?

As I've mentioned in another thread, there's a large UK reg Renault lorry based motorhome driving around here that's been here at least nine years.

Isn't this just what politicians refer to as a 'surgery'? The sort of thing my MP does every week. How does it even rate a mention in the local blats?

38 minutes ago, Expatriate said:

Isn't this just what politicians refer to as a 'surgery'? The sort of thing my MP does every week. How does it even rate a mention in the local blats?

Well yes, but sometimes the news is short and the days are long.

Actually political surgeries never seem to work on the Isle of Man.  Basically anyone who wants their MHK to do something will usually contact them immediately rather than wait for the next third Saturday of the month or whatever.  And of course MHKs only have about 7000 people per constituency (3500 per MHK) rather than around 101,000 per MP as in the UK, so there are many fewer people wanting to see them in any case.

Archived