How Do I Delete My Account?

Guest MrFunk

Not that I contribute much on here but as a Christmas present to myself I'm going offline, this involves the process of deleting all my none essential online accounts, I can't find a way of doing that on Manx Forums, must be a way?

ps An observation from signing in this morning, I know people on these forums slag FB but I was amazed at how many people have been active posting on here over Christmas Eve - Boxing Day, seriously nothing better to do?  Family?  Friends?  On a positive note it's been an eye opener, when I get some free time I'm going to help out at one of those charities that stops older people feeling lonely.

34 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

To delete your account, two steps -

1 - logout

2 - don't log back in again

You ask a simple question...

Logging in isn't a problem, having my e-mail and an associated password on a service I'm no longer using is, so far I've got this and 1 other forum I'm stuck with.  If there's no option enabled in the CP suppose I can just update details to junk or if worst comes to worst I'll drop KK (see I can use strike to) Uni an e-mail and see what he can do.

I've read bits of the bickering about TJ, can assure you I am much more of a PB than a TJ as any of the mods will know from my e-mail but don't let that stop the usual shite on here from kicking off. Strangest forums I've ever been a member off :)

8 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

You asked a simple question - I gave you the simple answer.

Fair enough, cheers.  Invision has the ability to delete but it's not implemented on here.  Will go with plan B.

33 minutes ago, MrFunk said:

You ask a simple question...

Logging in isn't a problem, having my e-mail and an associated password on a service I'm no longer using is, so far I've got this and 1 other forum I'm stuck with.  If there's no option enabled in the CP suppose I can just update details to junk or if worst comes to worst I'll drop KK (see I can use strike to) Uni an e-mail and see what he can do.

I've read bits of the bickering about TJ, can assure you I am much more of a PB than a TJ as any of the mods will know from my e-mail but don't let that stop the usual shite on here from kicking off. Strangest forums I've ever been a member off :)

bitter, smug, self-important, obsessed with Manx Forums

I take it back. You are TJ. Cancel the strike-outs.

• Haha 1

Erm, well I suppose if the cap fits...

Oh, add "attention seeking". I mean. who the hell makes a post asking how to delete an account? That's right, an attenti0n seeking, bitter, smug, self-important, obsessed with MF moron.

And then professes they are not TJ because they are so much better than that TJ etc.

Anyway,  best duck out of all thus, 'cos I'm kinda entering the ban zone.

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/guidelines/

You'll see from the terms and conditions that you need to ask to be removed. Search out a mod and ask for your account to be deleted. Ans is normally pretty helpful (although there's part of me that thinks he may just like deleting accounts - but don't say I said that:D).

Good luck with the charity stuff. A fine resolution.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, piebaps said:

Good luck with the charity stuff. A fine resolution.

Do we have a local charity that does provides services specifically for lonely old men? If not what is it that a sad old man lonely old man want more than anything? Whatever it is,  Mr Funk seems to have a good grasp on it and wants to facilitate their desires, a bit odd but I am sure someone would appreciate the offer.