Any Skin Cancer Cases Here?

GD4XXX

Having relatives who live in Singapore who have recently been through cancer I can tell you the way they approach things there, and across that part of the world, is a lot different than we do in the west, often with a lot greater success rates.

They take the best of all kinds of approaches and treat the cancer as well as the whole. They'll use targeted treatments like radiotherapy combined with acupuncture, they'll use chemotherapy as an adjunct to herbal medicine and the doctors will have the knowledge to talk through each approach.

Having also experienced cancer first hand in this country with oncologists who wouldn't dream of extolling the virtues (and indeed be outright dismissive of) anything other than their very narrow medical training and treatment options it strikes me that it's the west that needs to widen it's scientific scope rather than maintain it's arrogant and dated stance on the subject.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Lxxx said:

Having relatives who live in Singapore who have recently been through cancer I can tell you the way they approach things there, and across that part of the world, is a lot different than we do in the west, often with a lot greater success rates.

They take the best of all kinds of approaches and treat the cancer as well as the whole. They'll use targeted treatments like radiotherapy combined with acupuncture, they'll use chemotherapy as an adjunct to herbal medicine and the doctors will have the knowledge to talk through each approach.

Having also experienced cancer first hand in this country with oncologists who wouldn't dream of extolling the virtues (and indeed be outright dismissive of) anything other than their very narrow medical training and treatment options it strikes me that it's the west that needs to widen it's scientific scope rather than maintain it's arrogant and dated stance on the subject.

I don’t think the west widening it’s scope should include acupuncture or herbal remedies tbh. We in the west are a bit more realistic about this horrible illness.

We all want to rid the planet of cancer, but witchdoctoring is not part of it

27 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I don’t think the west widening it’s scope should include acupuncture or herbal remedies tbh. We in the west are a bit more realistic about this horrible illness.

We all want to rid the planet of cancer, but witchdoctoring is not part of it

You got it brains. 

Archived