Weather forecasts - is there really any point?

Uhtred

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kevster said:

That's not really forecasting though - it's telling you the weather at the time

True but when one listens to the 'weather forecast'  they always initially  tell you what the weather has been like.

When one listens to the news they invariably tell you what a politician/individual  is going to say or do or visit etc.

And .............comets etc fly around in the hemisphere  but are called 'asteroids' whereas  haemorrhoids are found up one's ass.

funny old world, I'll get my coat :D:flowers:

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I checked all the websites for the weather and they ALL got it WRONG this morning. They said it would be cloudy but didn't mention it would rain.

All the ones I saw said 10% chance of rain

I watched the planet thing on iplayer with that mincer guy that got Tony Blairs elected the other night.  Think it was about venus, maybe mercury.  He said that scientist were still pretty unsure as to how venus was formed but that the average daily temperature 4 and a half billion years ago was 18.5 degrees Celsius. Not 18, not 19 but 18.5. Impressive stuff I must say.

8 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I watched the planet thing on iplayer with that mincer guy that got Tony Blairs elected the other night.  Think it was about venus, maybe mercury.  He said that scientist were still pretty unsure as to how venus was formed but that the average daily temperature 4 and a half billion years ago was 18.5 degrees Celsius. Not 18, not 19 but 18.5. Impressive stuff I must say.

“Mincer guy” - dear me...

3 minutes ago, Neil Down said:
11 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

“Mincer guy” - dear me...

th.jpg.e45647accca45e13962e2d5599365600.jpg

Archived