Long term rental properties

Mandie P

Hi,

Thanks for accepting me. My hubby and I are relocating to IOM late August from Spain. Contract of work and work permit already in place. We are finding it difficult to find a rental property to initially move into. This is mainly due to not been able to find a rental via estate agents that are pet friendly. We have a 4.5 year old medium sized springer cross, well behaved and house trained. We are looking for something in the Onchan, Douglas Laxey area as the job is Onchan based. 

If anyone on here has any suggestions where else I can look apart from Estate agent sites, or if anyone on here has anything they want to rent I would greatly appreciate information

Best regards

Mandie Phelan

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe landlords have had negative experiences of pets and their owners. 

Rather than group all pet owners with the worst examples, the normal and reasonable way to balance any risk was to charge a higher security deposit. 

This has just been made illegal in the UK and I hope it doesn't prompt a similar change here because it actually works against the many responsible pet owners as landlords will not take the risk.

Archived