DIY Divorce

Barrie Stevens

On 11/21/2019 at 6:34 AM, John Wright said:

Most divorces to decree absolute ( as it was ) and final ( as it is ) are done on green form. So the amount paid is negligible ( less than £400), paid by the state, and not subject to an adverse costs order.

Its the fight over the house, kids, pension, that costs. In theory this doesn’t change that, but the hope is that the fact of not having to throw around allegations of wrong doing will reduce bitterness and allow easier agreement. That, and legal aid for mediation costs.

Well Green Forms OK but when  I put it in local paper ie DIY divorce I got personal feed back and my impression was that lots of ladies were frustrated and went ahead and DIY. I was told that at the Hailwood Medical Centre as then was anyway several women jumped on it. They and others got their divorces for then about £86 if amicable and they got divorced quicker if the Advocates were kept at bay. I used to clean the little civil courts in Douglas which resembled tiny school rooms with formica/steel tube furniture where  I think these matters got decided in very relaxed atmosphere. The general feeling I got from my work was that divorce was better without Advocates...and quicker...

On 11/21/2019 at 2:25 PM, gettafa said:

Why do people get married? At least one of the parties involved knows damned well it ain't gonna last.

(That's not a generalisation, it's an odds on bet)

Never get married. Just find a woman you really hate and then buy her a house.. Former café owning ex taxi driver and broadcaster take note...

Archived