Road Tax

THRILLER

whats the point in paying road tax if the roads aint gonna get sorted.the road that does get done is the TT course which is ok if your a biker or someone that travels from ramsey to douglas and back everyday.why dont they sort out the ramsey coast road to douglas,the prom,douglas to QB and strang road,they are just a few of the many roads that need doing and if i could i would make everyone take there tax discs of their,frow them away and then get everyone to fefuse to pay for a disc until something is sorted.sometimes it feels like im on a moon buggy bouncing round the moon but with men in yellow jackets standing around waiting for there next pay day.

come on the manx

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but with men in yellow jackets standing around waiting for there next pay day.

Yes, I know what you mean, but I bet they have some sort of grasp of basic grammar and spelling though.

Which is great.

but with men in yellow jackets standing around waiting for there next pay day.

Yes, I know what you mean, but I bet they have some sort of grasp of basic grammar and spelling though.

Which is great.

I know an Irish man who cant read or write, but by xxxx can he count and is now a very wealthy man. :rolleyes:

I know an Irish man who cant read or write, but by xxxx can he count and is now a very wealthy man. :rolleyes:

I think I know who you mean - one of those people you can easily be fooled into thinking doesn't know very much - even while he's running ring around you! F.H. if I'm right.

Back on thread - I agree with Thriller that many of the main roads on the island are disgraceful. Who needs fairground rides when you've got roads like that?

And one that really irritates me is Pulrose Road outside the new power station - it's been left in a disgraceful condition.

Definitely the roads on the Island are in a crap state (and the pavements as well), I never realised how many holes and patches there are in the roads until I got my road bike. Even the TT course is in a crap state. Makes you wonder what on earth the DHPP are doing when they're not building roundabouts?

Yes, they don't seem to ever resurface a road properly all they do is patch them.

I agree there are lots of roads in a state of disrepair.

One of the busiest main roads (Bowring Road) in Ramsey is shocking.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the D.O.T men didn't turn up in the next couple of weeks and start patching it. Mind you I suppose all their doing is following orders, same as the monkeys in any firm.

It's the managers who have the money and decide what's to be done and when to do it.

Maybe something might be done about it if we all wrote to the papers and actually rang the D.O.T and our local MHKS to complain.

Maybe it's all the fatties travelling on the roads causing the potholes, eh Stuart?

More likely the idleness on two parts:- of people who overuse their cars, and the DOT in repairing the damage caused by them. Mind you I've contributed to the wear and tear on the roads in the past by sliding along them, on my knees :-O .

The state of the roads does bother me, especially when I pay out £170 per year on tax! But what does annoy me is some of the freaking drivers!! Why oh why do ppl drive sooooooooooooo slow along the prom or the quay, or in unrestricted speed zones? My road rage is getting appalling!

Why oh why do ppl drive sooooooooooooo slow along the prom or the quay,

its a 30, lots of parked cars either side of the road with people waiting to jump out from between them, horse trams going up and down pedestrian crossings every few hundred meters, taxies doing dodgey manovers etc etc......

Why oh why do ppl drive sooooooooooooo slow along the prom or the quay,

its a 30, lots of parked cars either side of the road with people waiting to jump out from between them, horse trams going up and down pedestrian crossings every few hundred meters, taxies doing dodgey manovers etc etc......

even going 20 would be great! People seem to go between 10-15 mph. Why? The roads are wide enough to see people coming out, trams coming etc. I just find there are too many drivers that aren't confident enough. And by this I don't mean fast or dangerous etc. You can be aware of your surroundings but still be a confident driver. Take roundabouts for example, I don't need to explain about that one, but so many people seem timid when driving. Is this down to the state of the roads, bad markings, bad signage? Maybe.

Ah well, it won't bother you soon, You're going home.

I know, but i do hope the roads get better and its spent in areas other than the TT course. We have really good roads back home, but the signage is crap, with a capital C. So, you can drive well, just don't know where you are going :huh::P Maybe I'll buy a combine harvester and see how many people I can hold up in Auckland :) Actually, just driving with my mother should do that!

Well for the first time, I'm going to compliment the DOT on a fantastic job, well done on the Mountain mile. It has only been worked on for a matter of weeks but is now completed, including painting the lines.

I think it is now the smoothest road on the Island, and for the distance of nearly a mile has been completed in super quick time.

So, well done.

Well for the first time, I'm going to compliment the DOT on a fantastic job, well done on the Mountain mile. It has only been worked on for a matter of weeks but is now completed, including painting the lines.

I think it is now the smoothest road on the Island, and for the distance of nearly a mile has been completed in super quick time.

So, well done.

Yep, got to agree with you, that one section is excellent.

Anther excellent road on the IOM is the Ballamhoda straights, which was quite a suprise for me. Can get loads of speed with no sickening bumps when I'm on my bike down there.

Sadly, most of the Islands roads cannot have the same said for them. Even most parts of the TT course.

Archived