Who's afraid of the big, bad ..........

1 minute ago, manxman1980 said:

If I made a comment on the clothing worn by Hasidic jews or maybe their hair would that not be racist either?

Not in the least.  It would be a comment on a form of dress, probably quite justified, that was just that. A comment.

It would become racist if you were to include something promoting hatred against some frum man, woman, or child but to simply say something along the lines of wearing a (VERY) expensive hat* makes him look like a Tesla coil on legs would not be in the least bit racist 'cos apart from anything else it's true.

* The big fur trimmed hat is called a "Shtreimel" and is customarily worn by married Haredi men.  They cost a bloody fortune.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rog said:

* The big fur trimmed hat is called a "Shtreimel" and is customarily worn by married Haredi men.  They cost a bloody fortune.

I often wondered what they were about because you see a lot around Crumpsall in M-Town. Thanks for that. Have to say I feel sorry for the kids, any kids, who have to dress in a religious way.

So you were discriminated against on the island, presumably on both racial and religious grounds? I'm a bit surprised to hear that as I suspect you were born in the forties.

Just now, P.K. said:

I often wondered what they were about because you see a lot around Crumpsall in M-Town. Thanks for that. Have to say I feel sorry for the kids, any kids, who have to dress in a religious way.

So you were discriminated against on the island, presumably on both racial and religious grounds? I'm a bit surprised to hear that as I suspect you were born in the forties.

Our religion is our race is our religion.

Well actually for me it's now about our traditions and proud history 'cos I'm wall to wall secular.  Strictly Pastafarian!

And yes, I was born in 1945.

1 minute ago, Rog said:

Our religion is our race is our religion.

Well actually for me it's now about our traditions and proud history 'cos I'm wall to wall secular.  Strictly Pastafarian!

And yes, I was born in 1945.

Pastafarian and the FSM seems to be really taking off in New Zealand.

It must be all the pastoral farming.

6 hours ago, Rog said:

Well I'm a white Ashkenazic Jew and trust me, I certainly know what racism is all about especially having been brought up on the island where it is endemic to this day and refering to ANYONE in a burqa as looking like a black letterbox in ANYTHING but racist.  

Isn't she probably pretty?

Archived