Who's afraid of the big, bad ..........

50P Coin?

Aw C'Mon! 

Everybody knows how tolerant and understanding I have been towards those disappointed  by the overwhelming decision of the UK electorate - but C'mon now, this is stretching the limits of even somebody as awoke as me.

We had a 50p coin minted to join the EU, another minted for the 25th anniversary, but apparently the newly minted leave commemoration coin is toxic! Truly toxic!

A mere two blanks of the new 50p, fired from a Gimpy, would sink the Belgrano no less. 

Duck you suckers!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/01/27/knew-brexit-50p-could-cause-remainers-lose-wits/

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

50P Coin?

Aw C'Mon! 

Everybody knows how tolerant and understanding I have been towards those disappointed  by the overwhelming decision of the UK electorate - but C'mon now, this is stretching the limits of even somebody as awoke as me.

We had a 50p coin minted to join the EU, another minted for the 25th anniversary, but apparently the newly minted leave commemoration coin is toxic! Truly toxic!

A mere two blanks of the new 50p, fired from a Gimpy, would sink the Belgrano no less. 

Duck you suckers!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/01/27/knew-brexit-50p-could-cause-remainers-lose-wits/

fuck right back off to england already, I will even say please.

Six fun things to do with your Brexit 50p

THE most tangible benefit of Brexit hits Britain this week in the form of three million Brexit 50p coins. But what will you do with yours?

Sharpen your sense of irony
What could be more British than savage, delicious irony? And what could be more ironic than a coin bearing the words ‘Peace and prosperity and friendship with all nations’ to commemorate economic ruin caused by telling our nearest neighbours to f*ck off?

And more:

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/features/six-fun-things-to-do-with-your-brexit-50p-20200127192892

17 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

No, they're sometimes necessary, but not in this case. 

Not necessary on this occasion but I would have one here. It reads - 

"Peace, Prosperity and Friendship with all Nations"

So that's basically a list of three items

1. Peace

2. Prosperity

3. Friendship

"with all Nations." 

But "Prosperity with all Nations" doesn't quite work, you'd say "Prosperity for all Nations" instead, I think. 

So the list is probably meant to be 

1. Peace

2. Prosperity

3. Friendship with all Nations

And the comma clarifies that - 

"Peace, Prosperity, and Friendship with all Nations."

(Although a lack of clarity is strangely symbolic of the Brexiteers approach to the process). 

7 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

The flag of a man who fought against the British...and the British lost.

One also favoured by the right wing in America.

How ironic...

Well not really, he fought against what was a tyrannical foreign (to them) power and was instrumental in gaining freedom.

That's precisely what we've achieved with BREXIT.

Archived