Who's afraid of the big, bad ..........

Just now, mojomonkey said:

P.K. - You do know that The Daily Mash is a spoof satire website?

I think you've spent too much time in Germany....

The Mash only works because there's always a grain of truth in their output.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's not real -

Arrests for burning of 'Gypsy caravan'

Police have made six arrests for allegedly inciting racial hatred after a caravan with a Gypsy family painted on the side was set alight at a village bonfire celebration.

The mock Gypsy caravan was burned at Firle, near Lewes, East Sussex, during the annual bonfire celebrations, amid concern about the tone of the event which had been expressed by some families who witnessed it.

The six people arrested have been released on police bail. More arrests are expected to be made this week in connection with the incident - Sussex police anticipate up to 12 arrests could be made. The caravan carried a fake number plate, which read P1KEY (a derogatory term for Gypsies).

It had been towed through the streets of the village in a parade before it was set alight on October 25. Organisers of the bonfire had denied the Gypsy tableau was racially motivated. But bystanders were encouraged to shout: "Burn it, burn it."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2003/nov/12/race.world

21 minutes ago, P.K. said:

What's not real -

Police have made six arrests for allegedly inciting racial hatred after a caravan with a Gypsy family painted on the side was set alight at a village bonfire celebration.

The mock Gypsy caravan was burned at Firle, near Lewes, East Sussex, during the annual bonfire celebrations, amid concern about the tone of the event which had been expressed by some families who witnessed it.

The six people arrested have been released on police bail. More arrests are expected to be made this week in connection with the incident - Sussex police anticipate up to 12 arrests could be made. The caravan carried a fake number plate, which read P1KEY (a derogatory term for Gypsies).

It had been towed through the streets of the village in a parade before it was set alight on October 25. Organisers of the bonfire had denied the Gypsy tableau was racially motivated. But bystanders were encouraged to shout: "Burn it, burn it."

Err, what's that got to do with it? Yes, its a real news story but it is from 2003 and has nothing to do with Brexit celebrations.

15 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Then perhaps you might try it as well. In no World are you evenhanded and reasonable in your postings on here. If you are really claiming to be you can only be trolling.

Oh I freely admit there are a number of things about which I am far from evenhanded.  Things that while i will mostly be open minded about in other cases hard earned experience means that I am dead set in my views.

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

What's not real -

bottom of the barrel.JPG

2 hours ago, Neil Down said:

It's an illustration of PK's fact finding... (not to be taken seriously of course :thumbsup:)

Neither is The Daily Mash!

And breathe....

When Roger first mentioned the Bigots Bash it reminded me of the infamous "Caravan and Pikeys" celebration on the South Coast. An unarguable demonstration that racism is alive and well and living overtly in some cases in the UK. Add The Daily Mash and the result was inevitable if you have an off the wall sense of humour like myself.

Now this truism "Not everyone who voted Leave is a racist but everyone who is a racist voted for Leave" sits, understandably, uncomfortably with some. Tough titty. Because if you think UK society at large isn't racist then you are deliberately hiding in Pink Fluffy Bunny Land for whatever reason.

Our wonderful Police Force is forever being accused of "institutionalised racism". With it's deliberately broad-based recruitment policies it simply reflects UK society at large. The conclusion is inescapable. So how big a problem is it? There is no denying the Yaxley-Lennon's of this world their day in court. Plus awful Apprentice contestant Lottie Lion was barred from the wash-up "You've Been Fired" for racist remarks. Only today Alastair Stewart (who he?) is on the front pages having been sacked for something racist or other.

Concerning.

Have to say I expected more of the usual suspects to crawl out of the woodwork with their faux outrage and snide remarks.

Disappointed....

24 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Neither is The Daily Mash!

And breathe....

When Roger first mentioned the Bigots Bash it reminded me of the infamous "Caravan and Pikeys" celebration on the South Coast. An unarguable demonstration that racism is alive and well and living overtly in some cases in the UK. Add The Daily Mash and the result was inevitable if you have an off the wall sense of humour like myself.

Now this truism "Not everyone who voted Leave is a racist but everyone who is a racist voted for Leave" sits, understandably, uncomfortably with some. Tough titty. Because if you think UK society at large isn't racist then you are deliberately hiding in Pink Fluffy Bunny Land for whatever reason.

Our wonderful Police Force is forever being accused of "institutionalised racism". With it's deliberately broad-based recruitment policies it simply reflects UK society at large. The conclusion is inescapable. So how big a problem is it? There is no denying the Yaxley-Lennon's of this world their day in court. Plus awful Apprentice contestant Lottie Lion was barred from the wash-up "You've Been Fired" for racist remarks. Only today Alastair Stewart (who he?) is on the front pages having been sacked for something racist or other.

Concerning.

Have to say I expected more of the usual suspects to crawl out of the woodwork with their faux outrage and snide remarks.

Disappointed....

Were not having a "bigots bash".

We're having a loyalist celebration of finally getting our sovereignty back and looking forward from to starting the sadly long road involved in draining the swamp that the EU created here.

30 minutes ago, P.K. said:

What do you mean by "Draining the swamp"?

Conventionally it means removing polution that has reduced a fertile area into a usually toxic and disease infested mess that is unwanted and spreading making nearby once attractive and safe areas equally unhealthy and unwanted. 

Archived