Budget 2020: born Enslaved by Debt

GD4XXX

All these young people bitching about some non-existent 'climate crisis' would find their time less pointlessly wasted by concentrating on real issues that will affect them, like the fact that every man, woman and child on the island owes over 13 grand this current year alone, even though they never signed up to it. They are lumbered with this debt millstone (which is in reality far greater) simply out of being born here. The debt that's being passed on to them was accrued by their parents and grandparents who borrowed as much as the bond markets would countenance. It's a monument to fiscal imprudence; over-spending and living high on the hog with fancy pensions that cannot be afforded. Couldn't be afforded then; couldn't be now, nor in the future. Those youngsters are sure going to be fed up when they twig their elders have been spending like drunken sailors at their expense for decades!:D

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, GD4XXX said:

All these young people bitching about some non-existent 'climate crisis' would find their time less pointlessly wasted by concentrating on real issues that will affect them, like the fact that every man, woman and child on the island owes over 13 grand this current year alone, even though they never signed up to it.

This isn't right. In fact it's meaningless in the context of 'this year alone'. Govt spent 13 grand per head in the year, but also took a similar amount in. Not quite sure what you mean. 

3 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Most of them can’t afford to buy property here without mum and dads assistance either. 

The kids/grandchildren of the likes of senior civil servants will be ok as they will inherit the property and estate.

I know a few senior civil servants now retired. They simply do not know what to do with all the money that is flooding in, like the tide each and every month.. You can only go on so many holidays, have so many new carpets, new cars etc. In some cases they have paid their grandchildren's university fees, and will of course one day leave the very nice house to the family. 

The same goes for such as wealthy Athol Street types of course, but in the private sector they haven't generally been sucking off the Government teat most of their working lives, and of course their now non-working lives.

4 minutes ago, gettafa said:

The kids/grandchildren of the likes of senior civil servants will be ok as they will inherit the property and estate.

I know a few senior civil servants now retired. They simply do not know what to do with all the money that is flooding in, like the tide each and every month.. You can only go on so many holidays, have so many new carpets, new cars etc. In some cases they have paid their grandchildren's university fees, and will of course one day leave the very nice house to the family. 

The same goes for such as wealthy Athol Street types of course, but in the private sector they haven't generally been sucking off the Government teat most of their working lives, and of course their now non-working lives.

Ffs dry your eyes will you. If you feel.hard done by you should have either w9rked harder or smarter to have become a senior civil servant or an Athol Street type.. I have no complaints against either of those people, they've done what was necessaru for them to get where they are, or anyone else for that matter as I'm doing really quite well and am very content in all aspects of my life, you should try and achieve contentment...I assure you that it does feel very good.

I'm watching the Isle of Man about to crack and crumble and all you can say is dry your eyes.

The Island was 'mistakenly' given an extra £200million+ a year from the VAT common purse for quite a number of years. Take a seat and think about if that hadn't happened, where we would be now.

I have seen the greedy feeding frenzy that has been going on for the past 25 years. And those in charge of the purse strings have been doing very well for themselves, filling their boots.

Ah well.

27 minutes ago, gettafa said:

I'm watching the Isle of Man about to crack and crumble and all you can say is dry your eyes.

The Island was 'mistakenly' given an extra £200million+ a year from the VAT common purse for quite a number of years. Take a seat and think about if that hadn't happened, where we would be now.

I have seen the greedy feeding frenzy that has been going on for the past 25 years. And those in charge of the purse strings have been doing very well for themselves, filling their boots.

Ah well.

Yes, but you've literally done nothing about it except post on here which achieves  absolutely nothing. If you feel so strongly about this why don't you form a protest group or take some kind of legal action. Moaning on a forum read by fewer and fewer people as each week passes serves only to vent one's spleen.

5 hours ago, GD4XXX said:

All these young people bitching about some non-existent 'climate crisis' would find their time less pointlessly wasted by concentrating on real issues that will affect them, like the fact that every man, woman and child on the island owes over 13 grand this current year alone, even though they never signed up to it. They are lumbered with this debt millstone (which is in reality far greater) simply out of being born here. The debt that's being passed on to them was accrued by their parents and grandparents who borrowed as much as the bond markets would countenance. It's a monument to fiscal imprudence; over-spending and living high on the hog with fancy pensions that cannot be afforded. Couldn't be afforded then; couldn't be now, nor in the future. Those youngsters are sure going to be fed up when they twig their elders have been spending like drunken sailors at their expense for decades!:D

Hardly just here though is it

Archived