Hip replacement abroad

cheesypeas

Just to close the loop so to speak. We ended up at Spire Hospital Manchester. Robotic assisted surgery three days ago, which was ridiculously expensive.

However, excellent hospital, and excellent outcome if anyone's looking for recommendation. No elective surgery going on over here as far as we are aware, so we are lucky. Spire only had us waiting around four weeks ! Anyone wants the surgeons contact, let me know.

Cheers

20 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Just to close the loop so to speak. We ended up at Spire Hospital Manchester. Robotic assisted surgery three days ago, which was ridiculously expensive.

However, excellent hospital, and excellent outcome if anyone's looking for recommendation. No elective surgery going on over here as far as we are aware, so we are lucky. Spire only had us waiting around four weeks ! Anyone wants the surgeons contact, let me know.

Cheers

Care to divulge the cost?

1 hour ago, cheesypeas said:

Cheers

Good outcome, makes you wonder what we pay our Ni here for?

Just now, finlo said:

Good outcome, makes you wonder what we pay our Ni here for?

We want a champagne service  with a lemonade budget I suppose. Dentist, GP etc etc. It's all difficult these days. I was fortunate I could raid my pension, so had money for a 'rainy day'.  We will be on the list at Nobles for the second hip though. Have no issue there. On this occasion the hip got very sore very quickly, so we couldn't wait the 18 months or whatever the waiting time is. 

On 11/28/2020 at 8:30 PM, cheesypeas said:

No elective surgery going on over here as far as we are aware, so we are lucky.

I did 2 hip replacements last week. Maybe the last two for a while after the minister’s announcement on Thursday. Other forms of surgery is still going on however. 

17 hours ago, wrighty said:

I did 2 hip replacements last week. Maybe the last two for a while after the minister’s announcement on Thursday. Other forms of surgery is still going on however. 

Sorry Wrighty, 'over here' referring to Manchester.

On 11/28/2020 at 9:41 PM, cheesypeas said:

We want a champagne service  with a lemonade budget I suppose. Dentist, GP etc etc. It's all difficult these days. I was fortunate I could raid my pension, so had money for a 'rainy day'.  We will be on the list at Nobles for the second hip though. Have no issue there. On this occasion the hip got very sore very quickly, so we couldn't wait the 18 months or whatever the waiting time is. 

Mr Wright replaced a hip for me about 5 years ago, but the second one is knackered now and is more painful  than the first one was. I will wait until things settle down, as things aren’t great atm and others are maybe in greater need, or a second wave of Covid - 19 may decide for me. I won’t be going private though, no matter how bad it gets.

Archived