property rental/purchase

opusManx

Looking for recommendation for good sites that list property for rent/sale on IOM. I tried a general search of the forum but nothing came up. If there is already an existing relevant thread, let me know.

51792607098_cdcb351f7d_w.jpg

Edited by opusManx

Here's a taste of the quality of advice in this area that you'll get on MF. Ie, not great. You should just look at agent's websites. Propertywise, Harmony Homes, Deanwood, Cowley Groves, Black Grace Cowley, Chrystals, Carter Moon. These are some of them. I'm not making a personal recommendation on any of them. There are others. The property market is very hot on the island at the moment. You have to move quickly. Or miss out. 

Rental wise the best is either the local paper called the courier, local Facebook groups, Manx.net classifieds and then the various local estate agents. Please be mindful of scam adverts, there has been a few over the past year or so with several people putting deposits down on the same properties, quite often it’s old for sale pictures that are being used.

For sale wise I personally find Zoopla better than Manx Living https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/property/isle-of-man/

Manx Living doesn’t list GarforthGray for example which is probably one of the bigger agents now. Very occasionally there is UK estate agents or auctions listing IOM property I find these tend to come up more on Rightmove (  www.rightmove.co.uk )

If you happen to be after commercial property (or perhaps mixed use) then I would also recommend   Chapman ( http://www.chapman.im/ )

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, opusManx said:

Up North on a farm/land would be grand. After Montreal (studies), Houston (work), Toronto (work)...I've had my fill of "city convenience". And yes, I have lived in a small town...professional school was in Kingston, Ontario (similar population to IOM...and come to think of it...brutal winters being on the water's edge). I'm all set (famous last words).

It's 'Down North.' Good luck.