Isle of Man Budget 2024

Maugholdmafia

5 minutes ago, Interested Reader said:

Not really. Are you scared of change? Surely this forum should be the very bastion of calls for change? 

What makes you think that, change isn't always for the best. Look how many PMs the UK has had in the last few years,all taken down because of campaigns against them. I embrace change, if it's going to improve things, not to get deeper into the mire!

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

500 so far is a lot, considering there were 0 last year and 0 in all the years before.

A seismic move is afoot, but the question remains...swapping to what? More of the same in a different guise?

This isn't a person problem, it's a system failure.

I don't think the front runners for change have even appeared yet. Let's see who comes out of the woodwork.

But the dismantling of the civil and public services management is the key.

Five of them are me, proving to the clown who said it was 500 people using their real names 🙄 that it’s just as likely to be a disgruntled MHK trying to get his mates to all spend an hour making out anyone actually things the politicians make any real difference to the way the island is run.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, CrazyDave said:

Five of them are me, proving to the clown who said it was 500 people using their real names 🙄 that it’s just as likely to be a disgruntled MHK trying to get his mates to all spend an hour making out anyone actually things the politicians make any real difference to the way the island is run.

It'll grow. Watch.

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

It'll grow. Watch.

Yes I know.

Idiots who think it means anything.  Idiots who think the politicians have any real bearing on what happens, and people posting multiple times to try and get the numbers up .

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Yes I know.

Idiots who think it means anything.  Idiots who think the politicians have any real bearing on what happens, and people posting multiple times to try and get the numbers up .

Lot of poorer idiots out there at the moment, including me...and probably you too.

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

Lot of poorer idiots out there at the moment, including me...and probably you too.

Poorer as in because of the budget?

Yes a bit, but not much.  A couple of quid a week maybe.

If all my kids still qualified for child benefit instead of just one I would be better off than last month.

7 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

They are all real names if you flick through. In fact in this debate you seem to be the only fake name protesting about real people apparently saying what they think. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Max Power said:

What makes you think that, change isn't always for the best. Look how many PMs the UK has had in the last few years,all taken down because of campaigns against them. I embrace change, if it's going to improve things, not to get deeper into the mire!

I’m guessing you're over 65. 

Just now, Interested Reader said:

They are all real names if you flick through. In fact in this debate you seem to be the only fake name protesting about real people apparently saying what they think. 

I just told told you I am five of those.  They are fake names that I made up ffs

Just now, Interested Reader said:

Yes but you seem to be a deranged multiple shit poster on this forum. And not anyone of any actual substance. 

Nice deflection 😂

There is nothing deranged about making a point by showing how easy it is to skew those stupid petitions in response to you making the ludicrous claim that they were all real people using their real names 

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Nice deflection 😂

There is nothing deranged about making a point by showing how easy it is to skew those stupid petitions in response to you making the ludicrous claim that they were all real people using their real names 

There was no attempt at deflection. You seem from your posting history to have serious issues. I’m honestly not interested in continuing dialogue with you on that basis. 

Edited by Interested Reader
  • Haha 1

Just now, finlo said:

Guessing those castletown pubs are a bit dead then?

Back at the house now.  Castletown pubs were a bit shit to be fair.

George was Ok as was the Gluepot but it was to wet to walk to the sidings or bikjng, and the Union is a shit hole.

• Confused 1