Plasters On Footballers Ears

Mission

Ooh look, my first thread!

Okay, so I'm watching the England game here and I'm wondering why the various footballers on the pitch have plasters (or sticky tape) over their ears. I mean, I know it's a safety thing (to stop an opposing player accidentally pulling earrings out) but don't you think they look rather daft? If that was me, I'd just take the earring out.

Maybe it's a cunning ploy and actually conceals a wireless 'double-oh' type device that delivers coaching instructions from Sven?

Or perhaps they're hiding wearing really girlie earrings because their wives made them take one of theirs for a good luck charm? That could be it eh?

I'll not comment on the girly aspect of blokes wearing earrings (oops, I just did :) ).

I could uderstand if you'd just had it pierced and didn't want the hole to close up but surely it would be easier to take it out rather than wear a silly bit of tape over it. One of the Portugese playes has two bits of tape and looks a right mong!

I know it's a safety thing (to stop an opposing player accidentally pulling earrings out) but don't you think they look rather daft? If that was me, I'd just take the earring out.

I suppose there are worse places that you could have piercings ripped out from. Do you think that they tape them up as well?

Stav.

Archived