Mf Spotting...

Knoxville

Passion is what used to be Jeffersons I believe.

Indeed it is - there is also the other place that used to be the Old Bailey what's that called now ??!!

I still remember the good old days when Strand 58 was Caseys with the central bar area, and Jimmy B's !!!

Ah nostalgia !!

• 1 month later...

At last!! I have something to add to this topic, it took me a while to find it mind, today I spotted Mission (wasnt actually too difficult - I was in his shop). Wooo hoo.

Thanks for your assistance in the case of the missing hobby shop, I can't believe they've done away with the train toys :( so sad. Lovely to meet you IRL.

Passion is what used to be Jeffersons I believe.

Indeed it is - there is also the other place that used to be the Old Bailey what's that called now ??!!

I still remember the good old days when Strand 58 was Caseys with the central bar area, and Jimmy B's !!!

Ah nostalgia !!

Or when Caseys was in fact two pubs called the Strand and the Legs of Mann.

Yeah, it is a real shame, internet was killing his trade though, damn shame - he put alot into that place. :(

Yep, I miss the hobby shop, It was the easiest place to get nitro fuel, Which you can't get over the net!

Does he still own the doll house one in st pauls square?, Or is that one gone now?

Bugger! I didn't realise Alan had closed down now!

Last I knew he had stopped doing RC stuff because he couldn't compete with other stuff but still was doing all other toy/hobby/model stuff.

Real shame as he's a very pleasant chap and I've been buying bits & pieces (and big models) off him for many years.

Yes though, modeltech do sell a variety of nitro fuels, and Sean has been around on this scene a long time too.

For selected products, i agree bees! As people become more affluent they are less price sensitive, and the hassle of obtaining from internet vendors (especially high value / electrical / white / bulky goods, with all the extra delivery charges) can be significant. I ordered some furniture from an internet firm, which subsequently disappeared without ever delivering. I got most of my cash back though luckily.

Plus, dare I say, it can be quite fun shopping.... no.. better hadn't.. :)

I think I may be missing a few shops.

I know the shop in Ramsey has closed ... I went looking for it for some fittings for my MV Calypso the other day! Apart from PE (who seemed not to do the fine scale stuff I was after last time I was there) where else is there to try - or is there another opening for me and my hobby electronics/radio shop plan for when I pack up being a slave for a living?

Apart from PE (who seemed not to do the fine scale stuff I was after last time I was there) where else is there to try

I think its only PE left now, I don't know of any others, I think its also more for RC cars and they seem to be more popular out of the others.

or is there another opening for me and my hobby electronics/radio shop plan?

With 70,000+ people on the island i'm sure there is room for another and if an official club would be started that would be brilliant with a designated part for all the racing.

I know there isn't a proper track or anything yet.

Is there one for boats?, I've still got a hull that i was going to build up, Mooragh (sp!?) park looks quite good for racing a boat.

And for planes there is jurby and maybe the cars could be there on different days to.