Disgraceful

TheScope

Two things.

Fowler never jumped into the crowd. What he did was celebrate in front of the Utd fans. It then becomes a lot more discretionary as to whether he was inciting them or not while Robben physically jumped into the crowd and so it was clear cut.

Secondly, moments before Ronaldo lunged (and he took a long jump to make the tackle) he felt he should have got a free kick (rightly so) when a City play took him out.

In such a context intent was clearly there.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ref got the Ronaldo decision spot on, there was blatent intent in that challenge. If it had connected with Cole it would have done some severe damage, it may have been late but it was still a nasty challenge that could have been a lot worse.

I was in the pub watching MotD (i'm a glutton for punishment i'd already seen the 7 goals, felt i should go and get abuse from everyone in the pub as well....you know your team's shit when a Sheffield Wednesday fan doesn't have the heart to rip the piss out of you) and everyone made that sharp intake of breath through gritted teeth as they showed the replay. Only one to say it wasn't that bad...a united fan shockingly enough.

Even van Nistelrooy agreed that Ronaldo was an idiot for making the challenge, made it known on the training ground supposedly.

Even van Nistelrooy agreed that Ronaldo was an idiot for making the challenge, made it known on the training ground supposedly.

did he?? :unsure:

the so called argumment they had, was to do with ronaldo's performance and his showboating, nothing at all to do with his challenge.

(according to the papers anyway, it was proably blown out of all proportion like the scope did with this topic)

the so called argumment they had, was to do with ronaldo's performance and his showboating, nothing at all to do with his challenge.

Really? You there were you? The reports I've read say that Van Nistelrooy was annoyed at Ronaldos "selfish" attitude in getting himself sent off.

(according to the papers anyway, it was proably blown out of all proportion like the scope did with this topic)

Blown what out of proportion? I was commenting on a piece of reported news . And if you read it again, I plastered the word *alleged* all over my first post.

Right you lot, thats quite enough of calling Utd. Modey just wont have it, y'hear? He just won't! :lol::lol::lol:

Really? You there were you? The reports I've read say that Van Nistelrooy was annoyed at Ronaldos "selfish" attitude in getting himself sent off.

Blown what out of proportion? I was commenting on a piece of reported news . And if you read it again, I plastered the word *alleged* all over my first post.

Right you lot, thats quite enough of calling Utd. Modey just wont have it, y'hear? He just won't! :lol::lol::lol:

Edit: your not even worth that reply carl

Edit: your not even worth that reply carl

Cheers Brian.

And it was fowler who ran to the away supporters which in my view is worse than what robben did.

Give the man a break. Its such a long time since he played he probably had forgotten which end the home supporters are at !

Fowler's a real character and its great to see him playing again.

And it was fowler who ran to the away supporters which in my view is worse than what robben did.

Give the man a break. Its such a long time since he played he probably had forgotten which end the home supporters are at !

Fowler's a real character and its great to see him playing again.

Any truth in the rumour that Sunderland players celebrate like that when they win a corner?

Fergie was probably right, Bennett is an appalling ref.
he is indeed, I was at the Man U v Bolton game, bennett was atrocious, Rooney should have been sent of for an off the ball incidennt on Gardiner that didnt even get a talking to, and there were loads of other incidents during the game, he was truly appaling

Archived