Tt And Freemasons

Sharp

With all the problems regarding the TT and the MMCC I was wondering if if it was caused due to a fall out between the Lodge and the DTL. Most of the MMCC officials are free masons, all the clubs meetings and dinners are held at the Massonic Hall. Anyone know how the freemasons got involved with running the races in the first place.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear oh dear, fish wife rumour again.

Lets be having you, name and shame, which officials are freemasons?

You say the Lodge, which one? there are over 30 on the Island

The masonic hall is a function venue, available to hire for any club society or even weddings and funerals, they cant all be masons can they?

Can we also ban all private clubs? Buffaloes, Catenians, Columbans, rotarians bowling and golf clubs and loads more, ban all of them cos im not in em :angry:

I don't think the freemasons should be banned, but the secrecy involved is a little disturbing.

As Martin Blackburn (former deputy Clerk of the Course and freemason) announced on Manx Radio, freemasonry allows you tp have a greater loyalty towards your fellow masons rather than to others.

That is a possibility too with any club, but at least the membership of a golf club or a choir is not secretive. Plus the rest of us know the purpose of a golf club and a choir.

If this "fish wife rumour" is true, then having worked for the TT and MGP for many years, it is about time I changed my support. If Mr Phillips, Ms Glover or indeed Minister Earnshaw would like to contact me I will apologise profusely for my anti-DTL stance of late and change my allegiance.

My comment was more of an opinion on freemeasonry, not the TT/MGP situation, as I dont know if its just rumour mongering or not - however it is only my persoanl opinion and I am sure someone will comment on ignorance of what I dont know, but secret socities with restricted membership that have vast influence is a bit unnerving. Cant be compared with Golf Clubs, or even Rotary or Round Table

With all the problems regarding the TT and the MMCC I was wondering if if it was caused due to a fall out between the Lodge and the DTL. Most of the MMCC officials are free masons, all the clubs meetings and dinners are held at the Massonic Hall. Anyone know how the freemasons got involved with running the races in the first place.

Yay! Good stuff! We haven't ahd a masonic thread since Vader left stopped posting got his ass kicked off the forums! :P

does anyone know the membership of a golf club? if i ask them will they tell me or will they say "confidential".

the fact is that more networking is done on the golf course than any masonic lodge, should we ban golf? I would cos im crap at it

Be fair, everyone is entitled to some privacy, it is not necissarilly sinister and if you are curious about funny handshakes just google it, bags of info, even better join, they need you cos the whole masonic thing is in terminal decline

Please excuse my glove.

Oh yes, remember that episode of the Simpsons with the stonecutters? that is so accurate it had to be written by a mason, funny as hell!

does anyone know the membership of a golf club? if i ask them will they tell me or will they say "confidential".

the fact is that more networking is done on the golf course than any masonic lodge, should we ban golf? I would cos im crap at it

Be fair, everyone is entitled to some privacy, it is not necissarilly sinister and if you are curious about funny handshakes just google it, bags of info, even better join, they need you cos the whole masonic thing is in terminal decline

Please excuse my glove.

Oh yes, remember that episode of the Simpsons with the stonecutters? that is so accurate it had to be written by a mason, funny as hell!

Agreed the Simpsons had it perfectly! I have been approached to join masons but wont on principal (my principals) I know I should bash people for joing whatever groovy gang they want to - but I do resent the brotherhoods control of things and keeping things within their own network -

I will now sleep with my eyes open and a pistol by my bed

the masonic control of things makes great telly but is nowt but a myth, in fact many regard masonic membership as a hinderance, certainly that is the case in the IOM police.

for all the rumour and innuendo there never seems to be any facts or cases of masonic influence or corruption, i speak of the IOM of course. :huh:

Does your mother wear a wig?

Archived