Chris Robertshaw - Equality Bill

rmanx

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why pick on Robertshaw? There were other anti queers at that too.

A good question.

I think it is because Robertshaw is the most potentially dangerous.

We know Eddie is a bit thick (despite being Treasury Minister) and has little credibility

Houghton is a well known 'phobe and thick too (see previous loosely related Keys debates)

The chap from Onchan who flies an aeroplane will hardly be around after election

And the two missing from the debate/vote, for maybe genuine reasons, or maybe for the special brand of vote abstaining that is often deployed in Keys/Tynwald. Who knows.

Plus Robertshaw needs to be exposed at every opportunity. He has done enough damage to the Isle of Man from his position of super power already (for which I blame the gullible of Douglas East, erm, me included)

His reasoning was to do with the purpose of marriage being to have children and gay people can't have children so don't need to be getting married. Or some such bollocks.

Well i guess he is entitled to his opinion and his beliefs and if he believes that then clearly he cannot vote in favour (i'm not saying I agree with him btw).

The process should be around the concept of it. The church doesn't accept it and shouldn't be forced to do it. The general registry does and it achieves the end goal which is a marraige as recognised from a legal perspective.

Archived