Down south

TheTeapot

No thread on the south on here yet so I thought I'd start one.

Rushen is probably going to be the dullest election on the island with skelly and Juan highly likely to keep their seats. That's about all you can say about it really.

Of more interest (to me for sure) is the new Castletown, Malew and Arbory election. MF's favourite Phil Gawne has declared, and with Cregeen and Ronan as opposition he's probably gonna get a decent share of the vote, although he'll probably have to work for it as most of the people who have previously voted for him are in Rushen. As far as I'm aware no one else has offered themselves up for election, but I hope they do because I have no intention of voting for any of those 3.

Maybe Scampi fancies a go?

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed that Gawne is not standing in Rushen. That means we need to find two candidates better than Watterson and Skelly to unseat them.

Maybe I can claim asylum from Arbory, due to my family connections with the place!

My vote is at the moment is -

Anyone but Watterson

Anyone but Skelly

Skelly

Watterson

Unless the Anyones turn out worse.

He's moved to Douglas.

Last time Anyone but Gill won, and he's now Minister of the DED.

Skelly is probably the absolute exemplar of the over-promoted, two-dimensional, lightweight, nothing-man with which Tynwald is now infested. Seriously Declan, not voting at all would be more progressive and useful than voting for him - should you find yourself in that unenviable position.

You could vote for Quentin Gill...

Edit - it seems you can't. He's standing in Douglas somewhere.

Yeah, we got 'im now. Thanks guys. Douglas West didn't want him either. I suppose he thinks Douglas East is the easy one, the runt constituency (eg Jon Joughin MHK 159 votes), Robertshaw was all over the place like a bad rash last time, got elected but never seen no mo'.

If I was standing all I would want is to get the Central Hotel pub open again, not sure why, it was a bit of a violent dump latterly, but so nicely exemplified the constituency.

Some guy called mark Kemp has declared for Rushen, saying we don't need expensive and dangerous paving stones to attract tourists. I'd have thought that was pretty obvious and didn't really need pointimg out.

Taffy? If so, nice enough bloke I suppose but lacking the level of intelligence that should be required.

Archived