Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

No, we're talking about someone shooting their bolt without checking what they are on about. In the journalistic world I think it is called sloppiness

The best "news" article this week was the bit on the new pound coins where Jon Moss almost pissed his pants with glee that his new pound coin worked in the bus station car park. It was comedy gold. Truly worthy of an "outside broadcast"

Edited by hboy
  • Like 2

Buster comes on Stu Peters' Talking Heads, talking about bonds to pay off the MEA debt.

"Buster's Bonds" has got a sort of ring to it.

Anyway, as if on cue, up pops David "Quirky" Quirk. Managed to mention MLCs too.

Oh come on, somebody, nominate the poor lost wee soul.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1

No, we're talking about someone shooting their bolt without checking what they are on about. In the journalistic world I think it is called sloppiness

No, the harp music was added.

Just like the ridiculous pipe music was added to yesterday's piece on the tourism presentation.

It seems to happen on every piece she does. Maybe it is the latest thing, maybe some people like it. I don't, and am just expressing that opinion. There's really no need to get quite so animated about it. If we were at school anyone would think you fancied her...

Well, it looks like it's me that needs to do some checking.

Apologies, just in case, in advance.

Buster comes on Stu Peters' Talking Heads, talking about bonds to pay off the MEA debt.

"Buster's Bonds" has got a sort of ring to it.

Anyway, as if on cue, up pops David "Quirky" Quirk. Managed to mention MLCs too.

Oh come on, somebody, nominate the poor lost wee soul.

Isn't the bulk, if not all, the MEA debt actually owed to Government rather than external lenders?

This online directory is clearly a silly idea, but I'd agree to them running with any time and money-wasting idea they like if they could just stop the woman who occasionally does reports on Mandate using music to introduce every single item she does. There was one yesterday about tourism, because someone had been over to give a talk about Facebook or something, and it started with a blare of bagpipes - or similar - for no reason at all. Manx Radio, please explain to her that we don't need to have a bed of music on every news item she does (and get her to do some research, prepare questions and listen to answers, you know, the basics) and we all forgive all the online directory, MR+, TT365 failures.

Why is it a silly idea?

Well, again it is only my opinion, but given we have google, manx.net, isleofman.com, miquando, the phone book, Facebook, friends and family, etc etc etc it seems like investing public money in an already over crowded market place. Again.

But having never worked in radio, advertising, digital marketing or anything similar I wouldn't claim to be an expert.

Aah.....but you do!

• Like 1

does it breach the subvention rules? iom oft are the first port of call but don't think you would get very far....

What subvention rule is being breached and why?

So which fat jock or hanger on are you?

You shouldn't call Scottish people names. They'll paint their faces and kick your arse, yelling 'Freeeeeedoooooom'. In fact, I'd pay to see that.

• Like 1

does it breach the subvention rules? iom oft are the first port of call but don't think you would get very far....

What subvention rule is being breached and why?
So which fat jock or hanger on are you?

You shouldn't call Scottish people names. They'll paint their faces and kick your arse, yelling 'Freeeeeedoooooom'. In fact, I'd pay to see that.

Calling a fat person fat is hardly calling them names, they abuse themselves. And the Scots who are a fine breed are more worthy than your lazy stereotype, mind you never met a Mancunian who was not sketchy.