White City

manxmaid

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

36 minutes ago, ANDY ANDREWS said:

I  fail to understand the last 2 ridiculous sick comments .  Hence I will no longer waste my  time with this forum. Utter stupidity.

Thats just old Albert and Dilbert no one listens to them old fools prattle on, apart from Neil Dull.

41 minutes ago, ANDY ANDREWS said:

I  fail to understand the last 2 ridiculous sick comments .  Hence I will no longer waste my  time with this forum. Utter stupidity.

Just what made those two comments sick ?

A T thinks you may be boring and I posted to make the joke that one of the two little boys had a wooden horse which had a broken leg.

You more than I need a humour injection. FFS

It must be like this at Cranford I imagine, trying to encourage toddlers to understand words that have two meanings. 

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

AA has something in common with you dilligaf. Can you guess what it is?

Got it. 

We both think you are a c***? Yeah ?

(Did you mean A T, as opposed to A A ?)

Or, is it our ability to flounce at will ?

You see, you call me the cunt, but here we have an old thread someone has revived looking for info on nostalgic Manx stuff, normally a popular topic full of helpful people when these kind of things happen, yet Albert called him a boring loner and you made a shit joke equating him with a paedophile, causing him to flounce off (that's the thing in common you clearly missed). So who is the cunt really dilligaf?

8 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

You see, you call me the cunt, but here we have an old thread someone has revived looking for info on nostalgic Manx stuff, normally a popular topic full of helpful people when these kind of things happen, yet Albert called him a boring loner and you made a shit joke equating him with a paedophile, causing him to flounce off (that's the thing in common you clearly missed). So who is the cunt really dilligaf?

WTF. ? The singers songs are not guilty of anything. What the fuck are you talking about. I only likened the picture posted by AA to the song lyrics that said one of the boys' horses had a broken leg.

None so blind as those who WILL not see. ( BTW, It was not a c**t, but a c**k) but if the cap fits............

Maybe you should check the previous post before you spout off. ( for clarity, previous means the one before )

And once again this interesting thread degenerates into the usual cesspit.  Shame.  I didn't realise that there was at least one ride in Mooragh Park and found it quite interesting that a small ride had been made out of full size gallopers.  I wonder if they came from a damaged or scrapped ride and if they were static on the carousel or had a lifting mechanism.

9 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

Thats just old Albert and Dilbert no one listens to them old fools prattle on, apart from Neil Dull.

And you obviously. Take note of Mr Bear's comment. This was an interesting thread...

10 hours ago, Mr Bear said:

And once again this interesting thread degenerates into the usual cesspit.  Shame.  I didn't realise that there was at least one ride in Mooragh Park and found it quite interesting that a small ride had been made out of full size gallopers.  I wonder if they came from a damaged or scrapped ride and if they were static on the carousel or had a lifting mechanism.

Neither the White City nor Ramsey rides had a lifting mechanism. Whether the gallopers had originally been “lifters” I couldn’t say, although they were not as big as the gallopers that you still see on those seriously large UK fairground roundabouts, which invariably do have a lifting mechanism (if size matters!).

14 hours ago, ANDY ANDREWS said:

Many thanks to the comments in the last 24 hours. Particularly the confirmation that there was indeed a bespoke small roundabout inside at the White City that had 'oversize' horses.

I had heard that it was a possibility and that  the ride would have looked somewhat odd with these large horses. I do believe that the Myers family who ran it at the time probably bought these 6 horses from somewhere in the UK  on the cheap and made something of them on a small ride inside the White City hall. Eventually some of them appeared a few years later in the Mooragh.

At that time these old wooden horses were well worn and were replaced by fibreglass ones or, in many cases, whole rides were being broken up.

These 6 horses carried some unusual details in their design which should have made it easy for those of us collectors to identify. Unfortunately nobody can trace them so where the Myers acquired them is a great mystery.

Once  again, any help, particularly a photo of this small ride at The White City would be so greatly appreciated.

Just a reminder of what the horse looked like in the auction house before I acquired it with the broken front leg on the saddle.

That horse looks really familiar to me too.  The original place wouldn't have been Silverdale would it?

6 hours ago, JessTickle said:

That horse looks really familiar to me too.  The original place wouldn't have been Silverdale would it?

I think the roundabout horses in Silverdale were still present long after the White City/Mooragh ones had vanished.

Had a little rummage through the Manx Nostalgia pics earlier and found a couple of beauties.

I hope the poster of them does not mind me sharing them.

The horse was restored by Ernie Andrews, no sure if he is Andy, but whoever restored the horse gets my admiration. 

,5ad64ed4839e0_horse1.JPG.c3ecfd0a6a91b67a432251f6c50a2ac9.JPG

5ad64ee17cb6a_horse2.JPG.641f0d18f0989037e854af0c252b2ee2.JPG

Archived