Planetarion Speed Round

Uni

This weekend we joined the Planetarion Speed Game Special Edition, 1 minute ticks for 24hrs.

Tearz came 1st, I came 4th. We gamed both from Tearz's pad.

It was one hell of a hardcore mental and physical roller-coaster, trying to stay awake and not get owned while you went to the toilet.

Lots of coffee and pizza gave us the edge. Just got up from my 20 hour sleep recovery period.

Hurray for Tearz

More than 10 still play it? Crikey, it's back with the masses!

[r1] Anselmoo of Dragula's Den (13:5:7) (Freelance, b0rk), Top 100 placing)

[r2] Marmalade of System of A Down (24:11:5) (Conc/Ely/b0rk), Top 100 placing)

[r3] Corrosion of Conformity (32:11:3) (RB) (Top 100 until the last week when the RB/Fury/Legion triad collapsed and RB was decimated)

Kinda sad I can still remember my co-ords.

Being in Conc/b0rk was probably the best time. We had pbot before everyone else which gave us a massive advantage (and pbot did a lot more than the nerfed version that was public). Playing in the same cell as Jonka (PA legend) and faction as Videer (PA twat) was pretty cool.

That was when it was new. Fury/VtS/Ely ruined the whole game in r4-6 (I didn't play) to the point where pretty much every decent player left.

Which is why Uni and Tearz finished top 5 ;)

Well this was a speedround which is why we finished high :)

Think there were about 5000 players last round, which, as you say Ans is a long way from where it used to be before p2p.

Still it's something I find enjoyable and some nights spent in checking pa amidst other gaming certainly saves me spending £30 down the pub.

In the next "real" round I'm hoping to land up top100 - but will have to wait and see..

Still it's something I find enjoyable and some nights spent in checking pa amidst other gaming certainly saves me spending £30 down the pub.

I'm not knocking it. I'm kinda embarrassed to admit that PA probably saved a job I was in when I first started playing. I was always chronically late, always oversleeping and just generally being very disorganised. I was pretty much on my final warning for it. It wasn't a great job so I wasn't very motivated to, but PA got me out of bed at 6.45 every morning to get my scans done before my 7.10 tick first wave attack. That meant I could go to work, freshly showered and full of coffee and toast, on time, safe in the knowledge that I wouldn't be coming back to a disaster (no net access in that job).

Plus I actually made some friends that I still speak to regularly on ICQ.

5000 isn't a lot. Hell, I remember having 25 accounts in R2 at the start on my own ;). That was before selective placings was an option so everyone registered a ton of accounts to play for a few days to see what your galaxy mates were like, if you had any allies in there and if you had any enemies. I ditched all my accounts bar one after a couple of days, although at one point, I had 6 of them in the top 100 heh.

Blah, blah....... but PA got me out of bed at 6.45 every morning to get my scans done before my 7.10 tick first wave attack. That meant I could go to work, freshly showered and full of coffee and toast, on time, safe in the knowledge that I wouldn't be coming back to a disaster (no net access in that job).

ROFLMAO!!

Have you any idea how funny that sounds??? Up at first light to guard against tick (first) wave attacks???? Are they cyber fleas or summat?????

More please boys....... lots more.

Think I want to play :-)

So, I'm guessing it isn't a graphics based game then, more of a strategy one?

How does it work, do you just get loads of text or do you get some sexeh space scenes?

I did have a look around the site but couldn't decipher much from it.

Text based RPG in effect. The combat and accruing of resources was largely a distraction when you got into the game properly. Then the politics and skullduggery came into play with spies infiltrating the enemy alliances through their private forums, irc channels etc etc. That was where the fun lay.

Archived