Habitat

TerryMcCann

Just seen an advert in the Examiner for staff for a new branch of Habitat.

I know it's a furniture store but what type? Can I sod B+B off for once and for all or is it just a less Pikey version of IKEA?

And whereabouts is it going to be located?

Note: This should not be confused with Habit Hat the furnishers for priests as featured in Father Ted

I know it's a furniture store but what type? Can I sod B+B off for once and for all or is it just a less Pikey version of IKEA?

And whereabouts is it going to be located?

www.Google.com type in habitat

but cos i am in a good mood....... here is the result

http://www.habitat.net/uk/main_uk.htm

perhaps you can do your own research or answer your own questions :lol:

must be a tiny franchise operation. IOM just not big enough for a full size store

habitat was the 1st iconic british design store founded by Conran in the '60s before he got into restaurants

Originally very nordic, blond ash and pine, expensive for what you get. Then chrome and stainless. Now ecelctic yuppie lifestyle

He experimented with larger out of towns stores but IKEA came along, it didn't compete on price.

Habitat merged with BHS and someone else to form Storehouse and then demerged.

Good design ideas, brilliant displays. They bought Heals onTotteham Court Road and run it as a Habitat and Heals, Heals is even more up market trendy and expensive. Also run the Conran Design shop on Marelybone High Street, that is expensive and cutting edge contemporary

must be a tiny franchise operation. IOM just not big enough for a full size store

Agreed. Probably.

But if they can get stuff on order even - then that will be a big step forward.

You can't currently get Habitat stuff delivered to the island. (Unless that has changed since November.)

It was brilliant. Then it was rubbish. But in the past few years it's been really good again. IMO.

Maybe they could give everyone in the Island a free e-mail address with which they could manage most of their financial affairs such as banking, shopping, paying bills, placing bets and signing electronic documents with digital signatures???

What a great idea! :lol:

Maybe they could give everyone in the Island a free e-mail address with which they could manage most of their financial affairs such as banking, shopping, paying bills, placing bets and signing electronic documents with digital signatures???

Is this the ad that's been in with no company name? Certainly no mention of a job here on the Habitat website, or a store.

Just seen ad in the Courier - wonder where it will be sited down Tynny Mills? Hamleys going?

Is this the ad that's been in with no company name? Certainly no mention of a job here on the Habitat website, or a store.

Just seen ad in the Courier - wonder where it will be sited down Tynny Mills? Hamleys going?

how about Desmesne roasd in Douglas :shifty:

Great news. I like Habitat. They have some nice stuff and a bit different from the norm. Haven't been in one for years but, by the look of the web site, they are still selling some quality gear.

Can I sod B+B off for once and for all or is it just a less Pikey version of IKEA?

You're already buying in a more Pikey version of IKEA....it's called MFI.

• 5 months later...

Unless I've missed something, the Habitat store has been a long time coming considering they were advertising for jobs 6 months ago.

Or did I completly miss it down Tynwald Mills the other day and any PR surrounding its launch?

The 'Hamleys' is round the corner in the courtyard.

It's been shut for a month or 2?

It was the last time I wandered down that way

Archived