Forum Names

marcus

My mates and I used to spend most lunchtimes from work in the "Leisure Inn" in Strand Street playing Nemesis, Gryzor, Shinobi etc, and the highscore table would only accept 3 letters for your name.

Now, my first name is only 3 letters, but everyone else was using things like "MRC" (Mister C) and "MRX" (Mister X who still resides on these forums, so I tried to think of a three letter abbreviation.

As I was already working with computers, the first abbrev. that sprang into my head was "mbx", which was short for mailbox in the (Pre-internet) Prestel days.

There you go.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gladys, theres a question, I know they do teacher training at Southfields College in Leicester City, Scraptoft campus in the village of Scraptoft, (more of a suberb really) is a offshoot of the Demontfort University which has its main campus also in the City. I used to walk past it every other saturday to watch the great LCFC play.

I'm fairly certain that they do teacher training at Demont but don't know which it is at. Skrappey should know, mind you, he didn't learn to spell very well did he? :lol:

No, went to DeMontfort when it was a Poly. I lived off New Walk, Saffron Lane and Fosse Road. We used to drink in the Braunstone Gate pub (had a spectacular lock-in one night when the landlord went to bed and left us to our own devices!). We used to frequent the Indian next to the station in Conduit Street, the Koh-I-Noor, and also a Chinese restaurant that sold ducks' feet. Very enjoyable days!

I have been back once since then and didn't recognise the place.

Edited to add: Me Duck!

I used to deliver domn the saff and fosse rd nth & sth and narboro rd. spent many an eve in the koh i noor and once at 9.15am went into the braunstone gate to deliver, about 12 people in there, no landlord, he was in bed, and not one of the twelve or so drunks either would or could sign for the parcel.

I signed it myself and left it on the bar. i bet it hasn't been decorated since you last went in. I last went in about 2 years ago and you had to run in and run out. that way your shoes didn't get chance to stick to the carpet, thats how they kept their customers in all night.

Archived