Landlord Knocked Out In Pub Brawl

TerryMcCann

There's no need to emphasise it with big shouty writing. I understand that you think that physical violence is quite acceptable for someone doing a job that the vast majority of society deem to be perfectly normal.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry - the ultimate humiliation awaits these booze-fuelled thugs. At some point they'll appear in front of a deemster who will remind them that 'alcohol is not your friend', and they'll get a £50 fine.

Edited to add: when the judiciary fine them 10 weeks pay (or benefits) for drunken violence, the message may FINALLY sink in to these animals. A slap on the wrist and a night in the cells seems more a rite of passage to the serious laddish drinker.

A fairly unusual event for the island. I suspect the perpetrators will be severly dealt with to discourage attacks on landlords and staff - and that people are likely to get locked up over this if it turns out the situation was 'straightforward' and landlord/staff asked them to leave. We keep dumping more and more legal responsibilities onto landlords and their staff, once only the remit of the police, but in return we have responsibilities toward landlords and staff too.

I'm still all for classing assault with a fist as 'assault with a deadly weapon' - like they do in Italy. I can't see any other way of discouraging people from getting into such fights, and which seems to be becoming the easiest and more common option for many.

I'm still all for classing assault with a fist as 'assault with a deadly weapon' - like they do in Italy. I can't see any other way of discouraging people from getting into such fights, and which seems to be becoming the easiest and more common option for many.

They use weapons instead of fists !.....

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=italian+h...GL_enGB229GB229

Archived