Landlord Knocked Out In Pub Brawl

TerryMcCann

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As purveyors of one of the nastier drugs, it could be argued that pub landlords deserve all they get when the consequences of their actions manifest themselves in their premises. Maybe the management of The Railway will now consider discontinuing the sale of alcohol - it would certainly make a visit there much more enjoyable for those of us that don't drink.

I have some sympathy with what you say, since I gave up drinking, I've discovered passive-boozing is a pain in the arse, after a certain point everybody else starts talking shite loudly, and you go home stinking of alcohol. So avoid them now.

However, that's my problem, you take alcohol out of pubs and they cease to be pubs. And pubs give many people a great deal of pleasure.

And I certainly wouldn't sound so smug as you, if I chose to make a point about violence to bar staff being an occupational hazard, especially if I was talking about a real incident in which someone was injured.

How sad.

Not too sure about the thrust of your post, but perhaps I should emphasise for you and cret from my original post :-

"it could be argued"

I'm perfectly willing to do so as well.

Have no wish to argue about it, just think it sad that some people would think landlords deserve all they get, and yes I understand that may not be your view. There is no excuse for violence.

As purveyors of one of the nastier drugs, it could be argued that pub landlords deserve all they get when the consequences of their actions manifest themselves in their premises. Maybe the management of The Railway will now consider discontinuing the sale of alcohol - it would certainly make a visit there much more enjoyable for those of us that don't drink.

What do you do for a living?

Just so I can justify walking up to you and knocking you out.

take alcohol out of pubs and they cease to be pubs. And pubs give many people a great deal of pleasure.

And I certainly wouldn't sound so smug as you, if I chose to make a point about violence to bar staff being an occupational hazard, especially if I was talking about a real incident in which someone was injured.

It wasn't my intention to be smug, and I don't believe I was. And I'm not exactly referring to this incident specifically, knowing as I do none of the details, but speaking generally. Take the alcohol out of pubs? Well, why not? Not so long ago it would have been heresy to suggest banning tobacco use but now? I would love to see an alcohol free society, it would be much better for all. But alcohol free rooms within pubs would be a good start. I, and many others might start going to them then.

Speaking of standard of management/staffing in pubs, anyone had the pleasure of dealing with the cheery irish spiky haired chap in the queens.

Nice pub, good food, pretty good beer. But have stopped going there coz he would happily spend ten minutes chatting away to his irish pals at the bar but when I so much as had the cheek to walk up to the bar and wait to be served, he would first give me a look of total disdain and then grunt 'what yer want' . Throws the pint down and snatches yer cash off yer and basically acts like his customers are a total inconvenience.

Seen this attitude rubbing off on a few colleagues as well so stopped going there. Shame coz most of them seem pretty nice.

:(

I would love to see an alcohol free society, it would be much better for all. But alcohol free rooms within pubs would be a good start. I, and many others might start going to them then.

I know we could serve people soft drinks or coffee and tea. Wait I've got it we could call it 'a cafe'.

not exactly "on topic" but does anyone think that man u, everton & liverpool all kicking off at lunchtime may have something to do with these shenenigans?

gone are the days of lads heading out at 7/7.30 for a night out, now its 12 lunchtime starts, i can't help but think this can't help.

still the brewery must love these all day excuses to go on this ale all day.

not exactly "on topic" but does anyone think that man u, everton & liverpool all kicking off at lunchtime may have something to do with these shenenigans?

gone are the days of lads heading out at 7/7.30 for a night out, now its 12 lunchtime starts, i can't help but think this can't help.

I think you may well have hit the nail on the head there. And does the brewery in all honesty believe that excessive drinking does not have negative consequences?

I think you may well have hit the nail on the head there. And does the brewery in all honesty believe that excessive drinking does not have negative consequences?

No, excessive drinking means excessive profits

Archived