New Nightclub Opening

TerryMcCann

I say.............. Bring Back the Tardis!!!

It used to be a genuine joy to go in there.

Ok, alot of the music wasn't really my taste, but scallies/chavs/neds were not tolerated (did you even get thorough the door if you weren't head to toe in black??) and the people who did frequent the club and were into the whole goth/rock scene were generally genuinely nice people you could have a good night with.

The sore neck until Wednesday from all the moshing was pretty harsh mind!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People go out.. i know personally when i was 18 strand was somewhere everyone would meet before going there seperate ways. However now, no matter how boring they are I go to the same pubs..why? becuase the though of going in strand 58 legends and the Late Breeze makes my skin crawl. Being surround by scallies and people from school who still havent grown up! threating to batter people and all this..."er do u know who my brother is, he'll flogg ya" err yeahh bla bla crap!

I love a good night out with my friends but unfortunatly aslong as the huge amount of scallies still roam the island the pubs will never be good. We go out of douglas sit in old mans pubs and avoid the scallies..makes for an easier more pleasent life in the long run! Some people want to just go out let their hair down and have fun.. some are idiots and spoil this for everyone!! Id love some new night life but as with everything the scallies would ruin it! blaming on 18 year olds is harsh!! i am 22 and there are just as many idiots my age and older!!

places that used to be nice, are now over run with idiots! untill the idiot problem is sorted the rubbish nightlife problem will reamin!

Strand 58 = crap. Casey's was much better!

People go out.. i know personally when i was 18 strand was somewhere everyone would meet before going there seperate ways. However now, no matter how boring they are I go to the same pubs..why? becuase the though of going in strand 58 legends and the Late Breeze makes my skin crawl. Being surround by scallies and people from school who still havent grown up! threating to batter people and all this..."er do u know who my brother is, he'll flogg ya" err yeahh bla bla crap!

I love a good night out with my friends but unfortunatly aslong as the huge amount of scallies still roam the island the pubs will never be good. We go out of douglas sit in old mans pubs and avoid the scallies..makes for an easier more pleasent life in the long run! Some people want to just go out let their hair down and have fun.. some are idiots and spoil this for everyone!! Id love some new night life but as with everything the scallies would ruin it! blaming on 18 year olds is harsh!! i am 22 and there are just as many idiots my age and older!!

places that used to be nice, are now over run with idiots! untill the idiot problem is sorted the rubbish nightlife problem will reamin!

Strand 58 = crap. Casey's was much better!

Caseys = crap Legs of Man and New Strand were much better

Anyone remember the fiasco over the "lapdancing bar" in Regent Street?

Basically, if you had the red neck to go in in the first place you'd be "treated" to girls in their underwear dancing around while you ate sandwiches and drinks which you had to bring in yourself :o

Or something.

I thought about combining a strip club with an internet cafe. Laptop dancing - it's the future.. :rolleyes:

I say.............. Bring Back the Tardis!!!

but scallies/chavs/neds were not tolerated (did you even get thorough the door if you weren't head to toe in black??)

Yes, very few in there were dressed head to toe in black.

The sore neck until Wednesday from all the moshing was pretty harsh mind!!

Moshing to what? Most of the Tardis' set list consisted of indie, a smattering of alternative, indie friendly dance like Moby and the Chemical Brothers, the occasional novelty single, and Killing in the Name of. Every once in a blue moon they might play a bit of Pantera or Coal Chamber, but I don't recognise the chav-free metal/goth paradise people seem to remember when they talk about the Tardis (i.e. in the alternate reality presented by the Tardis group on Facegroup).

Whenever I sloped off after having gotten bored of hearing the Stereo MC's being played for the four hundredth time that month, did all the furniture revolve, 30's speakeasy style, to reveal a fully fledged rock night masquerading under the standard fare indie facade that was usually the Tardis?.

Archived