Black Renault 5 Gt Turbo

snakebite

Saw your car parked opposite the Swan pub in Ramsey (whats the parking bit called?, market something....), does look very tidy!!

Parliament Square. Market Square is down by the quay, the carpark where the Royal George, Nightlife etc are.

Cheers, guess thats when the Parliament street was running the opposite way, that was 'Parliament square' at the top.

Still preferred the old system TBH!, 3 lanes at the top and never as many near misses as I see now (normally when coming from Raymotors side, you'll get people that are turning right (into parliament street) then just stop dead (as cars are either turning into 'Leazere (SP!) road' or straight past down to Raymotors!, so you've either got to squeeze through the gap (depending how far if any they've pulled over or sit and wait in the middle of a junction because the lights have changed!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I chuffin hate those traffic lights, there never used to be ques of cars anywhere in Ramsey until they bloody installed them. Yesterday morning the traffic was backed right up to the Jurby Rd junction on Bowing Rd, ridiculous.

Nope they're never used to be queues all the way down to down to the bus station at 8:30 either!....

I chuffin hate those traffic lights, there never used to be ques of cars anywhere in Ramsey until they bloody installed them. Yesterday morning the traffic was backed right up to the Jurby Rd junction on Bowing Rd, ridiculous.

Nope they're never used to be queues all the way down to down to the bus station at 8:30 either!....

It's even better when the traffic backing up towards the bus station doesn't leave any space for cars to get in or out of the road running back from Raymotors (which is the only route on and off a very big housing estate), you end up with traffic jams both side of the lights, and up that road, and sometimes you get the ridiculous situation where even the traffic that's supposed to be on green gets stuck, because cars are trying to turn right down the side of Raymotors but can't do so because of the traffic jam.

There was no need to reverse the traffic flow down Parliament Street, and it's made the lights even less effective 'cause cars trying to turn right into Parliament Street can block the entire queue of traffic behind them, they've added on a poxy right arrow filter now, but even then, the damage is done by the time it comes on 'cause the car trying to turn into Parliament Street can still block all the cars behind it.

As a courtesy to other drivers, I never attempt to turn right into Parliament Street when the roads are busy, I carry straight on to the roundabout, turn right and get back into Ramsey that way.

I still can't figure out why the DoT thought sticking traffic lights there was a good idea in the first place, they've just tried to solve a problem that never existed.

Well in the 5 years i'd been walking up and down that road i'd only ever seen one minor bump, which was a couple of headlight lenses broken and that was it.

It used to work excellently before the lights were put there, now i've seen a increase in people racing through the lights because they're fed up of waiting (ie the lights have changed to red as they've approached), also seen a few skip the lights on red aswell (normally those turning left into Lezayre road) , probably for the same reasons.

Can't be doing the police/ambulance/fire response times any favours either.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived