Tsunami Email Hoaxer

Hugs

Email hoaxer - Sky news

Christopher Pierson told 35 people their loved ones had been killed by the giant waves.

He sent emails purporting to be from government officials in Thailand to people using the Sky News Online messageboard.

Since I heard about this email hoaxer I've been trying to work out why anyone would do such a thing.

In a statement, he said: "I apologise to everyone I have hurt. If I could contact them all, I would."

Pierson, a married father of two, said the emails were a "cry for help" after a series of personal tragedies.

Defending, Andrew McArthur said: "He said it was simply a moment of madness."

But the prosecuton told the court Pierson was not found to have any problems by mental health nurses who assessed him.

District Judge Daphne Wickham said she would not grant bail because there was a "question of his own welfare"

I'm still trying to work out why he did this and find it harder to comprehend after seeing he is a father.

I know, it absolutely staggered me that anyone could be so cruel. Oh well, at least everyone knows he did it and he will have a great deal of difficulty holding his head high wherever he lives - I would think most would find it a repugnant thing to have done.

Never mind his mitigation about domestic problems. This man should be shot. Then the message will go out to all freaks who prey on human suffering that their loony acts will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.

Once again mankind is being soft on freaks.

Never mind his mitigation about domestic problems. This man should be shot. Then the message will go out to all freaks who prey on human suffering that their loony acts will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.

Once again mankind is being soft on freaks.

Would you please let me know how you can reason with someone who can perform "loony acts"?

So the message is if they do something freakish put them against a wall. Sounds familiar. kind of nineteen-forty-ish, if you know what I mean.

I have to say rather than despising him, I pity this guy. Mental health assessments or not, you would have to be pretty unhinged to do something like that.

What I find more disturbing is people who seek to profit out of such crises, as Dick Cheney's Haliburton Group have from the Iraq war. For example, I sincerely hope money I've given to the relief effort is not used to employ western construction companies in the reconstruction of the devastated communities of SE Asia, when use of local labour and materials would be much more cost effective. The thought of money I've given in good faith lining the pockets of the shareholders and board of 'xyz construction plc' makes me sick to the stomach. Not saying it will happen, but I'll certainly be keeping my eyes open...

Try not to judge, i sense the guy may well be unwell.

At the very least a psychopath.

Psychopaths are not born they are 'created' by life experiences.

Very difficult to empathise, feel pity...but was probably an innocent child once.

Slightly misguided report, a nurses assessment would not stand up alone in court.

Nurses, do not diagnose, they can assess symptoms to help a RMO to make a full assessment and then a possible diagnosis.

Archived